Buffering help links provided

Streaming apps and buffering

Hello! Alot of you mention buffering and having issues with it. I’m going to break it down to help you. Buffering resolutions always stem from troubleshooting. This will more or less be what to do when I encounter buffering.

Always check your down speeds, it could be your isp is having server congestion or high nose. Peak times is when this becomes a issues. Sometimes it’s just your isp.

Fire stick buffering.

Kodi buffering

Follow those links, they have pretty much all the info in there to buffering. I just wanted create a checklist to help you all as well. Below is what you should start doing as part of troubleshooting. This is for streaming apps.

Find out what your paying for down speed/up speed.

Make sure your vpn is properly configured l, there is links on Troy’s site for this. Same applys for other vpns.

Links:
Wireguard
Ipvanish supercharge guide
Kodi speed up guide.

1. Run a speed test on the device your using.
 2. Wired test/wireless test
 3. Vpn on/off test
 4. Firestick debloated?/cleaned up?
 5. Device your using cleaned up?
 6. Make sure your resources and ram are not taken up or your devices isn't overheating.
 7. Speed up kodi/using builds? Try clean version no builds.
 8. Make sure vpn is set to closest fastest server
 9. Vpn wireguard 
 10. Make sure to use mx player or vlc with harware acceleration+ set on mxplayer.
 11. Make sure you are connected to 5ghz and not 2.4 if your close. If you are on 2.4 make sure down speed is enough.

These steps plus the links and the guides should really help you with buffering. You need at least 30 down and 10 up for 1080p, a wired connection is always better than wireless. Try to reset Modem and check your 2.4 and 5g connections. If your split your internet through a Modem test your speed connected to the modem and then connected to the router. If speeds vary and are better direct to the modem may need a better router. Sometimes if you upgrade your speed you will need a better Modem contact your isp.

Iptv is similar difference is it could just be your providers server or content lagging and buffering. If the above is ment then your iptv provider is having issues on his end.

Everyone is to make sure their devices are cleaned app cleared cache clean and not to many on running apps in the background. It’s good to run sdmaid as well to keep devices running smooth.

Feel free to ask questions with this topic and links and info provided I feel this should help with your buffering.

Down speed: 45
Up speed: 10

I would personally recommend to have more than 100 down and 15 up. Things can effect your speed so if it goes down here and there you wont notice it and you wont get buffering.

Tivimate

Make to go into settings and change your buffering size small medium large. If your down speed is fine and buffer size changed and still buffering on iptv, contact your provider. Could be server congestion.

13 Likes

I disagree with the statement that wired is faster than wireless, at least in my experience with a Formuler Z10 Pro device. This device has a link speed of 100 Mbits/s while the wireless has a speed of 867 Mbits/s. I am considering using a 2.5Gbit Type A/ RJ45 network adapter between the Gigahub modem and my device to see if I can get respectable download speeds to prevent the freezing. Also, my vpn slows down my download speed. considerably,
Thank you for the opportunity to reply.

LOL! That Post is almost 3 years Old! I agree that Wireless has come a long way especially if you can get Fiber. No need for Ethernet for me anymore

1 Like

All depends on the ethernet switch of your device. 100 or 1000. But saying ethernet is faster isn’t what ppl should focus on, “Stability” is. Ethernet can be better for some depending on their environment. Unless you’re a super gamer speeds over 50MBs down aren’t needed for a single device. Yes “overall” if you have tons of attached and WiFi connected devices “active” then you may want high speeds. So if your device is suffering from channel interference, poor modem location, overloaded channel, etc. etc. then ether maybe the way to go. As far as VPN speed reduction you also need to experiment and learn. I suffer %0 speed reduction with my active VPN on any of my devices, ethernet or WiFi.

I used network adapters for awhile they worked great - but since we move all I need now is Starlink it works great. Rarely we have buffering. We always clean NVIDIA SHIELD everyday, close out all other apps on the device before we log into the Kodi app and we can run it all day long with no issues. Starlink has updates late at night usually lasts 10 mins or so which is no big deal.

Yes, VPN’s do not slow down my activity and we have 13 devices using Starlink. We use NVIDIA Shield, and other Android devices. What slows down any of our devices is because we did not clean them - such as cleaning the cache and so forth.

1 Like