Fixing Buffering!

Hi thanks for you reply.
Not sure how to private message you! Can you tell me?
Kapete

Thank you, I will check out your suggestions. :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you. Have a vpn…iPvanish!

Adjust your buffering settings in Tivimate to a larger size.

3 Likes

As PF said, go into settings>playback>buffer size. That solved my constant TiViMate buffering issues. I played around and tested every setting and medium works best for me, yours will, of course, be different.

2 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Increasing your buffer size is a big help.

2 Likes

Thank you! Will try that :blush:

1 Like

Hi. Can you private message me which iptv service you think is the most stable? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

…not sure if you are using a router but sometimes changing the DNS servers can speed up the internet a bit and help with buffering. Its not just specific to routers I just find that an easy change to make to see if it helps. :+1:

3 Likes

I found when I went to ethernet and not wifi, it fixed my buffering problem.

1 Like

it certainly can if you have any sort of interference.

buying a 5G router solved my buffering issues,l had annoying buffering on 2.4G router,changed to 5G and and had all my devices switch to that band and no more buffering…ever…i’m so happy…even 4K works great w a great pix,this worked for me

That’s the very first thing I did was switch from 2.4 to 5. For me, the difference was a game changer. I’m lucky in that nobody in my building even knows about the 5Ghz band and I was able to choose a channel with no overlap from anyone.

2 Likes

watching 4K content now is awesome!!! 5G for me

2 Likes

Ok you guys; now you got me wondering. I have been using my streamlocator on my Nshield for quite awhile using wi-fi. I don’t get a lot of buffering, but I do get some. Either way, would you suggest using ethernet or sticking with wi-fi. While I am at it. Between wi-fi and ethernet, does one use more data than the other.

2 Likes

Ethernet always preferred…no more data.

4 Likes

Thanks, I will plug it in now. !

3 Likes

Ethernet cable is a direct connection and there is no signal loss, unlike wi-fi, so it will always provide the strongest connection and speed. That said, as long as you can get a strong signal while using 5G Wi-Fi on your device, there won’t too big a drop off in internet speed. As long as you can get 50 plus mbs download and 15 plus mbs upload speeds while using your vpn, you shouldn’t have any buffering problems while streaming in high definition.

I also plugged the ethernet to my computer back in, and the ethernet line I have running to my Km2. Hopefully I will get better data reports. I used the wi-fi before because I was told that it is much faster than ethernet.

@JesseB in the case of only a 10/100 ethernet port…then wifi can be faster. What speed ports do you have on your devices…computer should be a Gig port…believe your Shield is also Gig…don’t know about your KM2 tho…do a speed test wired & wifi…it may only be a 10/100 port & wifi will be faster…altho 100 is plenty fast for streaming…& it would be more stable.

2 Likes