Tivimate VPN and error code 403

Hi All,
Been driving myself crazy with tivimate?
Had it on a fire stick and now have a Onn streamer.
Download all apps and same problem?
When I have my VPN turned on it always comes up error code 403.
I turn off the VPN and the channels appear however the buffering soon starts.
Has anyone got any idea what’s going wrong or what I can do. Ideally I want to watch with a VPN activated.
Download speed is 49 mbps and upload 10 mbps with VPN on.
Thanks

1 Like

Very strange buffer with the speed you have??? You might try going in to tivimate>>>settings>>>playback>>>buffer size…and try making that larger, you might try differnt settings and test. Another setting you might test is the video decoder…try the software instead of hardware settings. But to be honest the onn box is very low end in specs and only wifi…so it has limitations

1 Like

What VPN are you using? Try a different server/ip address…that is a possible problem for error code 403.

So…Tivimate isn’t the only app that gives you this error code? Other apps also trigger this error code when you try to open them?

1 Like

Hi All,
I’m using Ipvanish, I’ve changed to various servers and still Fault 403 on tivimate.
I download iptv smarters and can not watch with VPN on. This is the same with cinema HD

I’ll play with the settings to improve the buffering on tivimate and especially when watching sports at the weekend.
I had the same problem with this situation and the fault code 403 on the firestick?

Obviously I wanted to be protected with a VPN when streaming however I can not play/stream anything?
More confused than ever :grin:

OK…so 2 different devices…2 different iptv players & a movie app won’t work with your vpn on. Kinda’ seeing a pattern here…at the least, my suggestion would be to uninstall your IPV…get a fresh copy from Troy’s RAI…reinstall & fire everything up. I’d also do a few Analiti speed tests thru your vpn right out of the gate to see if you’re locked into the proper protocol for best performance. Not sure if IPV has an auto or not :thinking: GL2U if you decide to try all this, & if so, let us know the results…yay or nay. :cowboy_hat_face:

Hi All,
Thanks for the replys.
I updated the Ipvanish and changed the settings as Troy recommended and my download without VPN is 49Mbps upload 9 Ping9 16 ms
With VPN 55Mbps upload 8. ping10 21ms.
Cinema HD works with VPN however troys favourite iptv service does not work with VPN.
I looked at wifi settings and got really confused :joy:
I’m in the UK and use BT smart hub router.
Technology is not my strongest point, so thanks for your help all. :hugs:

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Also, buffering can be on their end.

Many thanks all for your help and suggestion.
I wanted to use the VPN with the iptv service, that’s the confusing thing, :thinking:

Hey @Miles Try a free mainstream playlist like PlutoTV & see if it works with your VPN…

https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/us.m3u8

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.