Help with buffering on roku

I am having buffering issues on the roku device. The speed is over 500 and still a problem. Any suggestions appreciated.

What model Roku device and app are you using? Is this IPTV? :thinking: or VOD? More info and I can start looking for anyone with the same or similar issue and if there are any fixes.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

If it’s on a roku device my thoughts are it’s your Internet connection

also check in settings>>>network and make sure bandwidth saver is on. You can also test the network there and see results, post here if need be. You can also try going into advanced system settings and do a network reset.

I am using a Roku 4K plus and I am using the app spectrum which is our local TV provider

If it was me, the first thing I would do is contact the “Spectrum” provider. It’s their app and should know more about troubleshooting it than anyone here might.

1 Like

I did contact spectrum and they have come out twice. They told me it was the modem and replaced it. No sooner had he left and it buffered again.

setting on what device

Unfortunately I don’t think anyone here can help as it appears to be your internet. Sounds like some infrastructure issue, but that’s just a guess.

…roku settings or roku device settings

Is this the content that’s buffering?

https://www.spectrum.com/cable-tv

I’m willing to bet its line noise. I think it has to do with your drop. Or to much line entanglement, the service guy should have checked.

Yes, that is the site. The repair man told me it could be due to the fact that we have over 23 things connected to the Internet obviously not all on at the same time.

What router are you using? Different routers handle the “load” better than others when lots of devices are connected. I know they don’t always contribute to the bandwidth issues all the time, but just a thought to consider.

Over 23 things connected? Thats called bandwidth allocation, your modem/ router is supplying all the bandwidth to what it considers priority. That has to be changed on your end, i talk about this in my buffing link. Pmease read it thru.

So you need to disable devices or change the order.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.