Slow internet speed?

Analiti for Android/Firestick & Ookla Speed Test for Windows…IMO are the most accurate & popular.

How do you do that? I am new to this so every time I try and turn on something it shuts off and goes to the home screen, I do not no what is going on with this .

Who is your internet service provider & do you use their equipment or your own? If theirs…what is make & model of it? With that info, I can tell you how to get into the UI (user interface) & look/make adjustments.

comcast is my internet provider and yes I use Their equipment let me check on make and model

All I can see on it is Xfinity and then XB8-T that is what it is on there

From your browser on your computer, type in the following url address…

[Make sure you are connected to your Xfinity network

This can be a wired or WiFi connection.

[Open a browser and go to 10.0.0.1

This is the router’s gateway. It will automatically bring up a log in screen.

[Enter a username and password

Username: admin
Password: password

Now you're logged in.

Let me know if you got in...

For anyone using the older tower gateways...url address is **192.168.100.1** 
same username/password

I tried every thing to get into the site but every thing i tried failed

OK…in whatever web browser to surf the internet you use…type https://10.0.0.1 then press enter & tell me what happened.

Your connection isn’t private

gives me a warning saying your connection isn’t private

That’s usually a cert verification problem…do you have another browser set up that you can use? Whenever I get that using Firefox I just jump on Chrome or Edge browser & that seems to always work.

this is what is says Your connection isn’t private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 10.0.0.1 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

thats a local router ip, its safe at home to access router/modem settings

10.0.0.1 at DuckDuckGo

I just want to make my watching tv not kick me off every 5 minutes

If you haven’t or can’t use a different browser & try it…restart your gateway & reconnect & try again. It’s not anything serious…see TXRon post also.

Ok how do I connect that to my tv for my fire tv to run without buffering?

1 Like

I thought you just wanted to access your Xfinity gateway…didn’t know you were having connection/buffering problems. Are you using a VPN…which one…have you checked your speeds with Analiti…are you using an IPTV service (don’t mention its name)…?

Yes I am and I have it seems to be great then It kicks me off

Still need more info…could be your ISP service…could be your IPTV service…could be your VPN. You’ll need to give us more info other than it kicks me off so you can troubleshoot the problem. That’s done by eliminating your ISP…IPTV & or VPN as the culprit…& a host of other things as well…see below.

Hey Dracoo. Long time no chat. Hope all is well. Question on reallocation of bandwidth…how do you do that. I can access my Router/Modem settings, but I don’t know what everything is that is currently connected. Not everything is labeled to identify what things are.

My issue right now is that I have a Mecool KM2 + and my wifi connection is spotty (which I didn’t have an issue with when I was using my FS 4K) when using SS. I am constantly getting kicked off my VPN connection when streaming…so I end up having to either continue unprotected or have to pause and go back and reconnect to VPN again. This usually ends up requiring me to restart my show. You know of anyway to increase the wifi signal/range on a Mecool? I know my ISP is coming next Sat to upgrade our modem to Fibe 3.0 and install some wifi pods to help with connectivity / range issues. Should I wait and see if this fixes the issue or is there something I can do in the interim. Gets pretty frustrating… Thanks for your valuable feedback and guidance. Always appreciated. Cheers friend.