Live TV buffering but not VOD

I’m having a problem with buffering, sputtering, hiccupping, etc. watching live TV with TiviMate. I can watch a 4K 50GB/25Mbps movie streaming Syncler without a single blip. I use AT&T 1Gb fiber service and have experienced it on 3 different IPTV services and on multiple Firestick 4Ks. I use ExpressVPN and get 250Mbps+ up and down. I’m in the USA but use a different USA city. It is worst on weekends while watching NCAA football. AT&T BGW320-500 modem/router and ExpressVPN support LightSpeed protocol, but I haven’t tried it. Would appreciate any ideas.

Have you tried modifying the size of the buffer in TiViMate? There are 5 sizes you can choose. settings>playback> Buffer size.
I tried all of them on my 4k Max and found “Large” to be the best setting for my system, to help eliminate buffering.

4 Likes

are nyou on wifi or ethernet? I found using ethernet solved most of my issues.

2 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

2 Likes

ISP Blocks & How to Disable Security

If you have AT&T as your home ISP and have issues connecting to the service, turn this setting off so AT&T stops filtering your traffic and blocking the app.

1 – Login to your AT&T Fiber account at https://cprodx.att.com/cmp/cmpportal/
2 – Select “DNS Error Assist” at the bottom left –> https://i.ibb.co/fXDDx7r/att1.png
3 – After the next screen loads, turn “Allow use” to OFF –> https://i.ibb.co/30LqRhQ/att2.png

Changes can take up to 24–hours, but AT&T will now stop filtering your traffic and blocking the App/TV Guide from downloading.

1 Like

A lot of IPTV providers have over subscribed, and their servers can’t keep up with demand

1 Like

Hi hotwheels.

https://cprodx.att.com/cmp/cmpportal/ doesn’t work for me. “This site can’t be reached” error. Can I get there from MyAT&T or directly connected to the modem/router?

The past year tivimate has had buffer issues for a while my service wouldn’t play on tivimate without buffering but would play fine on other IPTV players. Also for whatever reason my surfshark VPN also would cause buffering even though I did every configuration possible. I have 1300 Mbps

I have tried all buffer sizes and none made it better. The larger buffers seemed to increase the duration and frequency of the buffering.

1 Like

My FS4Ks don’t support ethernet directly. I did try a USB adapter some time back but it was slower than 5.8GHz wifi.

I’ve pretty well tried everything on your list.

1. 300Mb down, 200Mb up with ExpressVPN.
  2. Wifi - hard to wire FS4K, have to use USB adapter. Previous test found it to be slower than 5.8GHz wifi.
  3. Both VPN on and off.
  4. Yes.
  5. All caches cleaned.
  6. I’ve removed all unnecessary apps.
  7. Don’t use Kodi but Syncler works flawlessly on 4K movies.
  8. Still buffers no matter where the location is.
  9. Not sure my VPN has Wireguard. ExpressVPN has LightSpeed protocol which I will be testing soon.
  10. I tried VLC with TiviMate live TV. Still buffers.
  11. Yes, 5.8GHz wifi. Speed does not seem to be the issue as I have played a Syncler 50GB/25Mbps 4K movie with no problem.

The problem is definitely worse on the weekend during NCAA football. I would think it was the IPTV service but I have three and all have exactly the same problem. They all say it is ISP throttling.

Thanks to everyone.

Screenshot_20221018-205442_Telegram
From my iptv provider

1 Like

I found if occasional buffering is occurring when watching a popular event is to find a local channel somewhere in the USA that is broadcasting the game. An IPTV service gets bogged down with a lot of customers on weekends watching sports. Most subs just tune into The Ticket, Red Zone, or the prescribed sports category for that particular iptv service. Using an alternate station may help in those situations.

4 Likes

Local channels are some of the most unpredictable channels in IPTV. I have never consistently had great luck with them, so I hooked up an antenna and watch/record local stuff through the Plex app (Live TV). If you want to watch local sports, news, etc, that is your most dependable solution. (not necessarily the Plex part, the antenna with a tuner is your best solution)

1 Like

Speak with your provider. If everything checks out its them. Especially if vod working which it should its just a stream from a server.

1 Like

HD Homerun is another good option.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Yes, it’s only live TV that buffers. What’s the difference in the delivery of live TV and VOD? I get buffering on live TV but not on VOD even when using the same IPTV service for both. i.e. Not using Syncler which always works properly. It’s worst on weekends so it must be a load issue. I have 3 IPTV services and they all buffer on the weekend. Today (Wednesday) two are working fine but one is still having buffering problems but only on a few channels.

Yes, Powerfader recommended HD Homerun which may be next. Thanks.

1 Like

If things don’t get better, that my be my next option.

1 Like