Fire Stick Need help shutting off all the time and buffering all the time is it worth keeping

is it the max or a cheaper version?

4k max fully loaded so I have no clue what is going on with it I am not happy with it for sure

it is strange, the max is the better version. You say 4 sticks all do the same?

Yes all of them upstairs and downstairs , I really wanted to get away from the cord and it seems that I might not be able to do that

have you tested speeds on each one? And are you using a vpn?

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

I have 2 different VPN because I thought one would work on one of the programs on here to watch what I wanted because it said only this one vpn would work to watch this program. I do not run both of them at the same time.

turn off the vpns and do a speed test(up and down) on each, post back

so I have one of the vpn on and the download speed is 67 and the up load speed is 14…and I just turned it off and did a speed test and now my download speed is 341 and my upload speed is 35

vpn speed is ok for streaming. What apps are you using when it buffers or stops?

1 Like

I hope I dont get in trouble for this answer Kodi and silk

1 Like

lol, no prob. I would leave kodi off till you get issues sorted. Kodi is intensive and has issues on its own.

Most likely this will solve your problem. Yes, it is more expensive, but it will be a one-time purchase and no need to keep upgrading to another device every year!

I still use my 2015, 2017, and 2019 Shields every day with no issues. In my house at least one of them is on 24/7 and no over-heating or calamities.

No fiddling around to add storage unless you plan on downloading/recording the entire Library of Congress! lol

Amazon.com: NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro Streaming Media Player; 4K HDR movies, live sports, Dolby Vision-Atmos, AI-enhanced upscaling, GeForce NOW cloud gaming, Google Assistant Built-In, Works with Alexa : Everything Else

1 Like

Several things come to mind. Do not use USB power, only the brick and plug into house current. Be sure to use the HDMI extension and keep the stick away from the back of the TV for adequate air flow. Use fast task killer to clear apps running in the background.

2 Likes

I have tried to use troypoint 19.5 but it also does it. what app can I use to watch football and movies?

@Miki the Fire King has entered the room :sunglasses:

yes I have done all this

Make sure you keep the Max with as much free space as possible. I keep mine close to 3Gig by adding a USB sandisk 3.0 drive to put apps on. Dracoo gave the best links for you to read up on.

Follow my links, you need to do some research and troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Can you connect via ethernet?