Stremio player settings

Anyone have any ssuggestions for the Stremio player settings for playback for a high end device like Nvidia Shield? I know these types of apps and players typically require some extra tweaking with the buffer/cache or else you could get buffering or freezing on larger files from Real Debrid. I have also seen people say that the default player in Stremio isn’t as good as some other players? I haven’t had much luck with Stremio playing smoothly for me yet. Been getting some buffering and freezing. On Syncler I don’t have any issues and it plays smoothly. Though I do prefer the UI in Stremio and the way their movies and shows are layed out in the app. I would love to use it more if I could.

1 Like

Hey. Im using a shield and just use default player, i haven’t changed any settings and plays fine.

1 Like

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Absolutely no problems on a low end device like the Firesticks. I never even bother with the buffer, and the native player works great. Never any lockups and rarely buffering and I do mean rarely. RD integrated. I only install the addons for series and Movies. PM me if you want a link to the addon downloads. It has Trakt integration as well, although I don’t use it. Like most good apps it does take a bit of a learning curve to find the best sources for you. Also buffering is often the sources fault, so follow the links @TP-Dracoo posted for that issue. Keep your stick clean. I always use “background apps and process list” to shut down any background apps and then run “Fast Task Killer” to free up RAM, just before I start a long session of Movie watching on Stremio. I know you have a Super Duper Shield Pro, I’m jealous btw, but if this works on a stick I’m hoping it helps your Shield.
Have fun and STREAM ON!

Do you play 4K links with large file sizes or do you try to limit the file sizes that you play?