I like my Nvidea shield, but I need help setting it up properly

I bought an Nvidea shield, followed the instructions to set it up, but it would not work with the ISP that I use. I called them and they had me download and set up and STB Emulator (Whatever that is).
The box now works, however I cannot search or save anything to favorites. I have tried youtue videos but found nothing that helped.
Can anybody help?
Thanks
BigDaddy2

1 Like

??? your isp has nothing to do with an android device other than monitor your usage. They provide a link to the internet, nothing else.

5 Likes

What isp would require an stb emulator and why? Kind of odd if you ask me. They’re basically plug and play as in find your Wi-Fi, insert password and you should be connected. Weird

2 Likes

If you buy TiviMate (Lifetime licence), you’ll be able to save favourites to that folder. Easy to do.

I think you need to start going to troypoint.com and look up guides before you do anything els.

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Kodi mega guide.

You dont need STB, look up our guides on tivimate and using y our iptv providers m3u.

You should probably learn to use your device first too.

3 Likes

Tivimate is definitely the way to go. When I first got into iptv I used stb emu. Got away from it years ago and now all I use is tivimate my opinion the best app out there

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ve tried several and Tivimate is just the best. Well worth the price.

If you bought a Shield. Then go ahead and get Tivimate Premium (Lifetime).

1 Like

What ISP do you have? I find it hard to believe that the entire device won’t connect to the internet without the emulator you mentioned.

What ISP do you use? Emulator? That is very odd for just getting a Shield online…

I’m pretty sure that he is meaning his provider of tv channels, not his internet provider. Just didn’t know the right abbreviation to use here I guess.

Oh, that could be. I didn’t think that is what he meant. Still a little odd, but makes a little more sense if that is the case lol.

I’m not sure that’s what he meant, it was an assumption. But it did make sense that way. :smiley:

There is plenty of help on here just do a search and check out Troypoint.com plenty help and if you still have a problem ask a specific question and am sure someone can help you out. Enjoy your Nvidia shield they’re great I have 2 for Year’s and love them more than any other devices I have :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who responded!
Being a novice, I did use the wrong terminology.
My ISP provider in Canada is Rogers.
My tv/VOD provider connects me. I specified a url (getip.pk)
that I use with a BuzzTv HD 5 box. It did not work and that is when the Tv/ VOD provider told me to use the STB emulator. So the Nvidea box now works, however no favourites or search function.

Are these TV/VOD apps that your isp provides to you?

Nvidia has a “Favorites” bar, and the search should be in the upper left corner. You can also use the microphone button on your remote to search.

Plug your modem/router into your nvidia. Then using an hdmi cable connect from you Nvidia to your TV.

If you are only doing wifi, then connect the cable company’s cable from wall to modem/router. Plug your tv in anywhere you want. Then connect your Nvidia using and hdmi cable to your tv. Plug in Nvidia. Switch your TV source to your HDMI connection. Follow any nvidia on screen prompts and that’s it.

If using ethernet. Then you will be connecting your modem to your Nvidia via an ethernet cable. Which usually limits where you can locate your TV because the nvidia device will need to be somewhat close to your tv and modem, because you will be using an ethernet connection.

I don’t understand why you need a Set Top Box emulator, unless you have a tv package from your isp. Then you will need their box to be able to watch what they bare feeding you. But there are still ways to hook up both and control your sources via the remote.

I’m sooooo confused! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Is the functionality limited because of the emulator?

I would like to see a pic of this connection and set up.

I haven’t used an isp’s set top box since I cut the cord a very, very, long time ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.