Any fix for Kodi buffer "dump"?

Heres the rest of the story! I watch Kodi on a Hisense Android tv, and my HP PC. I use the nordVPN, and do have real debrid, but all my installed TV series and Movie addons also provide free links in case real debrid goes down. I have openwizard maintence set to auto. I also have the a4k subtitles. I use centurylink for interned with a max of 70 mbps. I try to keep my tv not to go below 1.5 gb available storage. I use the default estuary skin on kodi, I never use a build.

2 Likes

Take the Mad Titan URL and plug it in Tivimate. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work. But I have no interest in testing it out for you, sorry.

Builds are easy and have lots of add-ons, but also take up a lot of unnecessary space. I would imagine one person has only a few add-ons they use consistently, as you mention above. What do you do for a plan B if you sit down to watch a ball game and it either won’t load, or is buffering?

I just find it on another addon with the game. It’s really not that complicated. I get better results on my PC, than my Android TV. But both are decent. I can honestly say, I have watched all the Chiefs, Royals, Coyotes, Jayhawks and Blackcats (efl, championship league) that I have wanted to watch.

1 Like

I give a lot of credit to a guy who can make Kodi work like you do. Like I’ve said here before Kodi to me reminds me of my dad’s old model A John Deere tractor that had to start by hand very tinkerous damn machine. The new skin unique on Kody made it look a lot better it seems to work a little bit better. With streamio it starts up and gets a program going right away. Kodi take a while. But Im new and Kodi is for guys like u who know to make it work for them! :wink::wink::wink:

i’m not saying that kodi doesn’t have it’s issues. I don’t know anything about stremio, but I understand it’s very good. But I have had my share of iptv subs, and apparently I don’t know the secret of getting a good one, because all mine have sucked. And so many hoops to jump through to get a good one. I guess my standards are too low, but I know what I like and I guess contrary to popular belief on this site, that happens to be Kodi. I also want to congradulate you guys that have found your way to an acceptable iptv. I’m happy for you.

1 Like

If you are interested in having a look at what I consider to be the best IPTV I’ve found, so far, then I can send you a link to have a look. I’m glad that we can all have our likes and dislikes and still find common ground. Perhaps I can help change your mind about IPTV. That is if you are willing to try, or want to.

4 Likes

Sure, that would be great, I’ll take a look and let you know, thanks

1 Like

I will send you a PM.

Tico259, is there a way to use Kodi that is buffer free. Thanks

Yup, lots of variables tho.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

As Dracoo’s guides will mention, the most effective way to remove buffering from Kodi is to add a premium service like Real Debrid to the VOD portion of Kodi’s add-ons. If you are asking more specifically about the free streaming services and the free IPTV within Kodi, it normally is pretty hit and miss. @Tico259 may have some tips to help that portion, I just didn’t know which way you were heading with your question.

Thanks, l should have stated my biggest issue is live sports, no payed subscriptions! I can’t always get network TV OTA in my aera. I know about Real Debrid but, I’m still concerned about it buffering as well. So why spend the money!

To clarify, Real Debrid won’t help live tv/sports. VOD only, but does a fantastic job. We normally recommend looking into an IPTV service for big sports fans and those that watch live tv a lot.

2 Likes

What sport are you watching that has buffering?

1 Like

NFL and NCAAF when I can not get them on OTA local channels.

I will PM you. The rest of the nfl are going to be nationally televised, and ncaaf is over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

it seems since the last update to version 20.1, Kodi will buffer when watching either movies or TV shows. Clearing cache does not improve this issue. I use IPVanish as my VPN.

Is the a fix for the buffering?