IPTV Smarters Buffering with IPVanish VPN

I have been having a significant amount of buffering and the screen freezing over the past month. It was working fine up until then. I use IPTV Smarters to stream and have IPVanish as my VPN.

Anyone else having same problem? I have tried everything I can think of to remedy it. It does not seem to be a problem with my wifi.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

You need to do some tests and research. To many variables

Thanks, I have tried most of the things listed. I did just download the task killer and will try a different player…already have VC, doesn’t seem to help.

Will try the things mentioned with firestick that I haven’t tried already.

appreciate the advice, thanks!

I’ve been streaming for years the first few I used wifi had same problem frequently, when I started using ethernet the problem is infrequent.

is the buffering less with vpn off? what’s your download speed w vpn on and off?

Yes, considerably less with VPN on. I have tried different locations for VPN, and didn’t change much.

download speed was 36 with off and between 7-10 (differing locations) when on.

That could be part of your problem right there. I wouldn’t feel confident without getting at least 25Mbps with a VPN.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be comfortable with 25 but that’s me, at least 30.

1 Like

Well I’m not comfortable with speeds under 35 using a VPN and lag at under 75.

Your speed down is your problem, try different protocols on your vpn. You need more than 7-10 to stream consistently.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.