Picture freezing or buffering endlessly

Need some help here. Recently discovered weird things happening to a couple of streaming apps. One of them having to be Kodi. I am running the current Kodi software on 2 fire sticks. Of which both of them seem to be having the similar problem. When I call up a particular movie or TV show from the crew app, it seems that it starts out fine, but then a little ways in the picture just totally freezes up. It looks like it wants to re-buffer and start again which five times out of 10, It does or basically what it will do is it will freeze- go to black - and then take me back out to the menu. I’m also having a similar problem on a separate IPTV service that I subscribe to which once I start watching a channel, it goes for about two minutes then freezes. I get the blue buffering circle and it’s continuous and does not move. I get out of that, go to another channel and that channel is working fine, I then go back to the channel that had the problem and it’s fine but once again, two minutes later, it freezes up with the buffering circle. So I’m not sure if I’m having a problem with my Firestick devices or if my VPN is not acting properly. I did do a test on one of the fire sticks without the VPN on and video played seamlessly. I turn the VPN back on and that’s when the pauses and the buffering circles started up again. Can anyone help me out please with this and see if I have to change VPNs or I have to change streaming devices to something better than a fire stick. Thank you.

1 Like

Guessing you’re using Nord? Try TCP protocol… :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: @Miki is also right…believe both of those protocols work…if this is the problem…I’m very surprised they haven’t fixed it yet :face_with_monocle: :thinking:

1 Like

Let me guess. Your VPN is Nord? If so switch to open vpn and the UDP ptotocol.
Oh snap. @pangaeatech is a faster typer than me and yes either protocol is good. TCP is the older of the two but UDP is faster, although by how much depends on your ISPs setup.

Thank you… yes it’s Nord. I will try changing the protocol. Much obliged !

1 Like

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

Thanks again folks. The protocol change worked. Watched a few movies with no interruptions ! Much obliged.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.