Onn Tv Streaming Box Has blank screen

Kodi wouldn’t open in the Onn tv streaming box so I restarted it and now it’s just a blank screen after loading up.

I have personalized it with Troy’s wallpaper instructions and there are no apps on the screen.

How can I reset this to factory settings when I can’t get into settings?

1 Like

We have several threads on the steps to factory reset. If you search it in here, you will find a lot of tips to try. I linked to a few.

1 Like

Well, I finally got into the settings by using the google mic button. I said “go to settings” and it opened up settings.

I went to apps and all my apps were gone except for a few of them.

How in the world did this happen just by restarting the Onn tv box?

If you did manage a factory reset all your apps would be gone, you would see Netflix and a couple others, Disney Plus and YouTube, these are installed by default, you can hide them but not uninstall.
The next most likely reason you would not see your apps is if you are using external app storage and it is not loading.
Good Luck.

1 Like

I did have an external usb storage. I’ll bet they were on it but why didn’t they show up?

I didn’t reset it until the screen was blank. There were no apps on the screen.

Do not use “Wolf Launcher”

I set up my android box again after a factory reset now I have a black screen after enabling it with “launcher manager”.

Now I can’t even get my settings to open so I can disable it.

I don’t know what to do.

Same thing happened to me when I first got my ONN Box. WOLF Launcher was the only Launcher I ever tried and it almost wrecked my ONN Box. If I recall the way I got everything back was powering everything down, removing the power cable, plugging the power cable back in and while it was powering up I held down the small button on the ONN Box. I didn’t even have to do a Factory reset all my Apps came back. That was the First and Last time using a Launcher. You can put the ONN box into “Apps Mode” which will only display your Apps and none of the other crap

I have used Wolf & ATV on all of my Onn boxes combined with Launcher Manager and never had any issues, so I’m not sure why this is such a common problem. I had assumed it was people using the wrong LM, but I hear about it so often that can’t be 100% the issue. Have you tried ProjectIvy launcher? That would avoid Wolf and it has a built in “launcher manager” that keeps you from having to use the actual LM.

Well, this is a guess but when the screen went blank you took actions that included the factory reset, at that point it no longer matters that the USB contained the apps, they must be reinstalled. I personally would reformat the drive, fast reformat to just clear any data before you reinstall but that’s up to you.

How do I factory reset when I can’t get the settings to come up? It’s all black.
Nothing comes on the screen.

Have you tried doing what I said above? It’s worked for others because that is how I found out about it. Pull the Power cord out, then plug it back in while pressing and holding the small button on the outside of the ONN Box. An on screen menu will come up with different options one of them being Factory Reset or something like that. I was about to choose that when all my Apps suddenly appeared. No problems since and won’t mess with Wolf again. you might need to try it a couple of times.
Actually just did a search and found this. This is what may have worked for me

1 Like

Farther up in this thread @AMD237 posted the info you’re looking for. Oh snap, @MarkxG is way faster than this old man. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

LOL @Miki Yeah between his post and mine one of these solutions should work. I had to MacGyver it a bit but finally got it back to life

There is a button on the box itself, if you press that button it re-pairs the remote with the box however if you press it and then apply power to the box (at the same time) it will do a factory reset.

This is in the flyer/instructions that comes with the newer Onn Android with Google TV but I assume it applies to the older one as well, I don’t know that for a fact.

Also, I must have gotten lost in reading the replies, I thought it had already been reset, sorry if I added confusion to the conversation.
Again good luck…

2 Likes

That did it!

I didn’t know you have to press and hold the button before plugging the power cord back into it.

Thanks men,
I thought I was going to have to throw it out.

2 Likes

Hold for 5 seconds after applying power.