Onn Walmart 4k Google box factory reset

I went to utilize my Onn 4k Walmart Google box that had been Unplugged for a few days only to have a black screen.

Factory reset was only option

1:Hold reset button on back of box for 5 seconds

2:unplug the device

3 still holding reset for 10 seconds

4: stiil hold the reset plug the box back in.

Use the reset button to scroll through the listed options
Press and hold to initiate the command

Hello. Are you talking about the new ONN box ? I don’t have any buttons on the back of my box. I really do need to reset mine. After I changed the time on my box I couldn’t access my settings and my Wifi isn’t connecting.

Looking at a pic of the new ONN box…I’m seeing a reset button next to the hdmi port. On the older models, its next to the red light on the side. Let us know if you find it :cowboy_hat_face:

I just completed setting up my new O.N.N. box per Troypoint video on the subject. 2 days ago. Everything seemed to work OK. But today when I attempted to go back to the Google TV built-in launcher, the screen went black and the box stopped responding to any inputs. Tried the rest button but the only thing the box does is re-pair the remote. Can not find any way to do a factory reset. Steps shown in caution34 post does not work. Basically my box is a big brick. Does anybody know what to do to recover my box???

I don’t have the newer model ONN box…but on the older model I believe it is a long press on the reset button…short press is for repairing. Give that a try & see if it works. :cowboy_hat_face:

There has been a couple of different methods used by owners here that appeared to work for different people.

If you use the forum search :mag_right:, you’ll will find much discussions related to how Onn box owners, of new and old versions, have worked a reboot from a black screen.

Assuming you have the new 2023 model, you can try getting into the settings menu from using the remote’s voice command button and asking Google assistant to open the device settings. If you manage to get to the settings page on your screen, you can perform a reboot from there.

Others have suggested that you can unplug the power cord, long press the reset button for 5+ seconds, keep holding reset when replugging in power, then release when you see an options menu appear on screen. Navigate with remote to select a device reboot.

I’ve not been in a scenario to test either, but better to try than to live with a brick. Be sure to disconnect any USB connections before trying.

Otherwise, you can always try a Walmart return if all fails. Good luck. You

Thank you. I did figure out how to get to the reboot menu but i cant figure out how to move down to the factory reset option but i will keep trying😁

1 Like

Navigate using your remote. Try different buttons as the obvious directional ring may not move it.

Press the reset button a few times until you get to the reset then press and hold the reset to select

1 Like

I recently followed your instructions and they worked without a hitch. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Glad to be of help. I get so frustrated when instructions are vague or unavailable

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Walmart ONN Google TV Box Black Screen with Wolf Launcher