Launcher Manager has disabled everything on the new ONN Android device

Following Troy’s ONN superchange video. I clicked on Launcher Manager and enabled Wolf Launcher. Now all the apps are controlled by Wolf Launcher, but I cannot click anywhere to deactivate the launcher and none of the apps will load. I’m basically frozen in place. I tried activating the Mouse and hover over Launcher Manager, but I cannot get back in to deactivate Wolf Launcher. Help!

2 Likes

You can’t go back into Launcher Manager? Even with Google assistant?

No. Unplugged the device and turned it back on while pressing the power button. The Google TV logo briefly appeared, but now I just have a black screen and can do nothing

1 Like

All else fails, just factory reset it. Why are so many people having issues with LM and Wolf, so confused? Worked perfectly for me.

1 Like

How do you factory reset it?

1 Like

Someone on the other thread mentioned holding the button on the back for 3+ seconds

1 Like

I got manager and launcher installed, however, I can’t get WL setting to take. I can manually start WL, but it is not the default launcher.

You have to make Wolf your default launcher using Launcher Manager.

1 Like

I am curious, what version is Troy’s LM? I see on XDA they are up to 1.1.8

For AndroidTV/GoogleTV you dont need the most updated one. That is the one fighting against Amazon BS. Use the one for AndroidTV in Troy’s Toolbox. 1.0.4 I believe.

1 Like

Thanks. I will give it a try. I did not realize there was a separate one for Google TV. 1.1.6 works fine on my FS4K.

I was ably to factory reset the Onn box, but it wasn’t as easy as holding the reset button next to the USB output. I had to unplug it, hold in the button and plug it back in, holding the button until a screen with options came up. Then I released the button and used the same button to quick press to go down to factory reset. Then I held the button in for a couple of seconds until it highlighted the option, released the button and then quick-pressed the button one final time. That started the factory reset. Then I had to toggle back up using that same button and hit reboot. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I was ably to factory reset the Onn box, but it wasn’t as easy as holding the reset button next to the USB output. I had to unplug it, hold in the button and plug it back in, holding the button until a screen with options came up. Then I released the button and used the same button to quick press to go down to factory reset. Then I held the button in for a couple of seconds until it highlighted the option, released the button and then quick-pressed the button one final time. That started the factory reset. Then I had to toggle back up using that same button and hit reboot. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

No problems on my end either. They are missing something in the tutorial if they are having problems.

1 Like

It appears the problem was the mouse toggle combined with the Launcher Manager. Made Wolf Launcher the default and then could do nothing more either with the Onn remote or with mouse toggle.

1 Like

Make sure you enable your mouse toggle in “Accessibility”.

Well I tried the one from Troy, LM (ATV) - 1.0.4. After installing, I opened, enable launcher, hit home button, screen went blank. I then started randomly hitting buttons, the Paramount button worked, then I hit the back button and got the Wolf menu. But I could not navigate the menu. So I cycled the power and the system rebooted to the stock launcher with no wifi and all the bloatware reinstalled. My apps were still in place. I also noticed none of the files on the external storage were recognized, but that returned after disabling USB debugging. I did remove LM, and WL still works when manually enabled, even with USB debugging disabled.

I am at a loss for words. This has never happened to me, with this new box either. Factory reset and use ProjectIvy and stay as far away from Launcher Manager as possible, I guess.

1 Like

I agree and its as TP said, they are missing a step it seems

I will just Wolf Launcher manually for now and see what we learn going forward. And is the issue with the Launcher or the Manager. Since the Launcher works fine, maybe the launch on boot app could load Wolf Launcher.

1 Like