ONN Google TV Android box and launcher apps

I’ve seen several post wit launcher issues such as wolf launcher causing issues etc. I would like to suggest before going that route you try out projecivy launcher. I installed it yesterday and it installs flawsley and no manager is needed. The trick is enabling accessibility service in settings. It looks great.
Projectivy Launcher - Apps on Google Play

How to Install Projectivy Launcher on Firestick & Android TV

Projectivy Launcher Look and Feel on Z11 Pro Max - APKs - TROYPOINT Insider

[APP][ANDROID TV] Projectivy Launcher | XDA Forums
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-android-tv-projectivy-launcher.4436549/

2 Likes

Thanks @TXRon
Projectivity Launcher is FLAWLESS

4 Likes

I love how the developer is constantly updating, its very robust and the best launcher ive ever used on a tv. :+1:

3 Likes

Couldnt agree more.
It’s absolutely fantastic and fast as well. I’m getting better and better with it and I expect the developer (Spocky) to release more updates to make it better.
He seems to answer to user recommendations via XDA platform and that’s what I love about him.

2 Likes

Great recommendation Ron. Since Projectivy doesnt need Launcher Manager, maybe we can avoid all these darn issues.

5 Likes

the beauty is google has no issues with it like other launchers. The install is simple but not always clear that you need to enable it in settings accesibility and in projectivy settings, make it default. Thats it.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s true. @TXRon
Well said

1 Like

It’s a great launcher. On my 4 main devices, 2 have Wolf and 2 have Projectivy. Wolf has more customizing available, so I still enjoy that.

3 Likes

Just an FYI. I swapped out an older gentleman’s km2 for the new onn box this morning…he was none too happy…I coulda got shot :grimacing:… but he relented when I told him to try it and after lunch I will put the km2 back if he wants…Ok
…a few hours later he now loves the projectivy launcher because of the “watch next” and “on now” features on the home screen :sunglasses: and he says he will keep it untill further notice,…,and get out :skull:

4 Likes

I tried the Wolf Launcher yesterday and ended up with a black screen, thankfully the google assistant still got me to settings and reboots, etc did not help, ended up doing a full reset this morning. So I followed the Projectivity Launcher instructions from Troy, that downloader code of 196884 only installs launch manager and that is also crushing the box and I see the blackscreen only. The Netflix button gets me to Netflix but the home button only gets me to a black screen. Google Assistant is still working but had to reboot again and again because it knocked me offline. I think I am going to have to do another full reset and I don’t think a custom launcher is in my future with this box. Following instructions to a T so not sure what’s going on.

ProjectIvy does not need Launcher Manager. You mentioned both in back to back sentences, so just wanted to clarify. ProjectIvy has it’s own method to bypass the stock launcher already built in.

3 Likes

launcher manager is an issue waiting to happen if installed incorrectly. Projectivy is a simple install as @AMD237 stated. In settings accesibility needs turned on and on projectivy settings set default launcher. Remove any instance of wolf or LM to prevent any future pop-ups.

3 Likes

Got it. I followed Troy’s instructions to install Projectivity How to Install Projectivy Launcher on Firestick & Android TV and that takes you to an install for Launch Manager and it looks like either something is wrong or a step missing because it shows Troy installing Projectivity but I only got Launch Manager and now a black screen. I got into the Apps by using the assistant and uninstalled Launch Manager but the box is still not working properly. Netflix is working but the home button and now google assistant is now not working. Going to have to continue to reboot until it allows me back into my setting to do another restore (I think and hope).

1 Like

I would factory reset and start over. Projectivy works very well with netflix and most other apps. The customization is off the charts with what you can place on the home screen.

4 Likes

and do not use a launcher manager

2 Likes

So, should I find projectivity manager in the play store then? Because Troy’s instructions do not get me there. Thanks.

1 Like

yes its in the playstore. Maybe Troy did the video(instructions) in early release of projectivy but no launcher manager is needed. Projectivy does it all by itself, simple, clean install. Wolf and launcher manager are way behind in keeping up with android releases…actually wolf is no longer updated.

2 Likes

Ok, I am doing another restore now, I will give it one more try and get it from the playstore. Just confusing because Troy’s instructions don’t get me to Projectivity at all, only launch manager. Will update, thanks.

2 Likes

Does the Projectivy launcher let you use your own wallpapers now or is that still an option that you have to pay for? I had installed it several months ago, but uninstalled it just because I couldn’t pick my own background in the free version. Petty I know, but I like what I like. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Here ya, couldn’t live without custom wallpaper.

4 Likes