No movies or tv etc in Kodi

hi all.im new to all this and baffled.i downloaded kodi (no problem)but theres no movies tv etc.it says my library is empty.i dont know what i am supposed to do next.can anybody guide me thanks dav1d49

Kodi mega guide.

Read up on our guides first

1 Like

hi kodi dosent carry apps that you require you have to add them yourself

Kodi is just a media player. The content is in the addons and the sources within those addons. Lots of articles on the Insider and Troy’s main page to read. We talk about Kodi and the addons everyday it seems.

1 Like

Yes you need addons to watch movies and TV shows, like Magic dragon, Promise, Homelander, Asgard,.

so do i type these add ons into the search bar.thanks

See that guide above that @AMD237 posted for you? Think of KODI as a media player however you need to install an Addon(s) in order to play content. You are also going to need a paid debrid service to get any working streams but let’s hold off on that for a second. I would suggest going into that guide and installing The Crew Addon as that is one of the most stable for a long time now. Please follow the instructions in the guide. There’s a bit of a learning curve at the start with this stuff but then it will become easy.

1 Like

Guy ! You sound like a newbie . You have alot of reading to do .

Troypoint website has links for the add-ons in the posts above, for extra guidance look on YouTube how to navigate around kodi.

1 Like

Before any of us help you, please read all the guides. They will inform you of what to do

2 Likes

thanks mark.wrote all that down (didnt realise there was so much lol).ill give it a go.cheers

yes.i did put that in my original post.thats why ive been asking for advice.

yes ive been on troypoint.one of the issues ive got is sometimes you have to scroll down a list of programmes to find the one you want but the cursor on the remote has a mind of its own.cheers

I’ll echo what was said, TP’s video guide is easy to follow and will get you up & going.

Two things: Most of us definitely advise spending a little money on a VPN.
Second, spend a little more and subscribe to Real Debrid (RD for short).

While the guide is a great ‘paint by numbers’ way to get started, it’ll save you time in the longer run if you know what & why you do each step.
-The settings>File Manager>Add Source steps are to prep Kodi to access files, whether via the internet or from a USB drive. You’ll do this each time you try an addon or build.
-Carefully check the spelling & capitalization & punctuation as you “Enter the paths or browse”.You won’t hurt anything, but a mistake means that you’ll have to repeat this step.
-The “Enter name” box can be filled in with any name that you choose, no need to be as careful.
-“Install from zip”…the source is sent via a compressed file. This will arrive very quickly as long as you’re connected to the internet. It will also ‘unzip’ the file very quickly. After it’s unzipped, the downloaded ‘repository (AKA:repo)’ contains one or more Video add-ons.
-“Install from repository” lets you select which add-on that you choose. In the team-crew’s repo, there are several choices. If you want both The Crew & Nightwing add-ons, you don’t have to repeat all the steps. You just need to go to “Install from repository”. This step can take a few minutes. Grab a cup of coffee or a beer.

Don’t worry if you forget to turn on “unknown sources” at the start…Kodi will prompt you to do so when it is necessary.

Once you know what you are doing and why, the only thing you’ll need to install any other add-on is the address for the link of the repo that add-on is available. You won’t need to follow a guide again.

This will be somewhat controversial around here, but for a beginner I would advise sticking to one or two good add-ons and avoiding “builds”. Even the best builds have a lot of stuff going on to learn to navigate. And they are larger than a simple addon, which is a consideration with Firesticks. Once you have your feet on the ground, then you might want to experiment with a good build.

For a beginner, I’d suggest following TP’s instructions for installing The Crew add-on. Like I said, once you have that repo on your Firestick, you’ll have easy access to sevrl other addons to try.

1 Like

thanks,much appreciated.ive had a look at several vpns but how do i know when ones working.cant see any signs that its on cheers dav1d49

VPN Monitor Dot on Firestick/Android (VPNSafetyDot Alternative) (troypoint.com)

How to Install VPN Privacy Dot on Firestick & Android TV (troypoint.com)

You could use one of these Dots to show you the VPN is active.

2 Likes

I have been using VPN privacy dot. I like it better than the old safety dot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.