🛑 HELP! Insiders please read entire message

Hello TROYPOINT Insiders,

I need your help…badly.

Our TROYPOINT Insider is getting a bit out of control.

If we could get some help in 2 main areas, things would improve greatly!

I’m using some examples below and please know that I’m not picking on anyone. There are literally hundreds of other examples that I could use and these are a few of the recent ones.

:red_circle: Search Before You Create A Topic :red_circle:

This is by far the biggest problem we are currently dealing with.

Please do not post a new topic until you’ve thoroughly searched for the subject you are looking for.

Here’s an example.

An Insider recently posted a topic titled, “Diggz Repository Won’t Install.”

When I do a search for, “Diggz repository.” I get the following existing topics.

• Diggz Repository Won’t Connect
  • Diggz Repository
  • Diggz Kodi Repository No Connection

This question could be solved by looking at any of the above existing topics. If the issue can’t be remedied then that person should post their question under the most relevant topic that already exists.

Posting a new topic should always be the last resort.

:red_circle: Be Descriptive & Concise When Creating Topic Titles :red_circle:

After searching the Insider thoroughly for what you’re looking for, the last resort should be posting a topic but it must be done the proper way.

Please be descriptive and concise when creating topic titles.

Before posting, think about the keywords in the title and how your topic may help someone in the future with the same question/problem.

Here are some examples that I’m pulling directly from the forum.

Topic Title: Kodi Connect Problem

Topic Text: I have follow Troys download instructions several times and still can not get my diggz repository to connect after installing from zip file. Have run the gambit. Cleared cache on T V,downloaded all movable apps to USB, reset and reloaded T V. Using https://diggz1.me/diggzrepo 3 and will not connect when I get to Diggz Repository.HELP

Solution: As you can see, this person needs help for connecting to the Diggz Repository which we already covered above regarding searching the forum prior to posting a topic.

But, if I was going to rewrite this title it would be the following.

Diggz Kodi Repo Connection Problems

Here are a few more…

Topic Title: Sport Streaming

Topic Text: Best sport streaming app for NFL?

Solution: Change title to the following without naming sport franchises which is against our ​rules and regs​.

Best Football Streaming App

Topic Title: HDO Onmedia Player

Topic Text: The HDO app as been working well for a while, now when i try to play anything, it tells me to install the onmedia player for best experience. wont let me do anything until I do. after i install it, now i got ads that popup before it plays a show. I have been to settings within the app. but it is only for subtitles. any advice on how to change the default player in this app?

Solution: Change title to the following.

Change HDO App Video Player

Topic Title: Logging on a iptv

Topic Text: I have a new Buzz TV 4900 box and cannot log on to any of my IPTV providers. All the credentials are correct, I even did a hard reset thinking it would be fresh but still cannot log on.

Solution: Change title to the following.

Can’t Login to IPTV on BuzzTV 4900 Box

If everyone can help with these 2 problems, our Insider will become a better place to learn and converse with others.

Thank you for your help!

151 Likes

Thanks Troy, I just learn something new and i been following you for years wow i never used the search upper right corner. I just put in what i need help with and it was right there didn’t need to post… Thanks again

24 Likes

Thanks for letting us know how to go about it :+1:t2:

14 Likes

I agree just do a search and the topic should be there. Love the community.

11 Likes

Thanks. I know for me; I always search first. Been in so many boards over the years, back when BBS were around before the internet.

But having better descriptive titles will help a lot.

7 Likes

Thanks, a little common sense goes a long way

10 Likes

I definitely agree with researching the problem first!
Thank you Troypoint for everything you do!

7 Likes

Yes, sadly this always happens in other social media gatherings in specific groups where members ask repeated questions before doing a search within the group.
Thanks for the posting to remind all of us.

5 Likes

Good day!! My thoughts exactly!! I haven’t posted for a while, but have often wondered why people don’t use the search area. Is it because they would rather have someone else do the problem solving for them??? Anyway, have a Merry Christmas :mx_claus:t3::mx_claus:t3::mx_claus:t3::mrs_claus::mrs_claus::mrs_claus:

4 Likes

Thank you Troy, like always very helpful

3 Likes

Thanks Troy, search should always be first and it does work well.

5 Likes

Thanks Troy for all you do for this community.

5 Likes

Its because when you search you have to go through tons and tons of stuff that is irrelevant to what you are looking for and you give up. I posted a question and was told to search and i couldnt find my answer after spending 30 minutes looking at stuff that had nothing to do with what i was looking for. I ended up doing a google search and still couldnt find anything definitive. So, perhaps instead of people being condescending about questions, you could either answer it or just blow it off without an answer.

10 Likes

Good to know. I haven’t posted a question or problem yet, but I will use the search if I ever have a need to post. Thanks for all you do!!

1 Like

Hello @Pennal96 and you did exactly what my post above tells you to do. Thank you.

It’s fine to post a topic if you can’t find what you are looking for after thoroughly searching.

After searching the Insider thoroughly for what you’re looking for, the last resort should be posting a topic but it must be done the proper way.

4 Likes

Hi Troy, thank you so much for all of your totatrials, I find them so easy to follow and any problems I have I just search for subject for help and always get it. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Yes, people need to do the research and put in the work. Everything is out there and broken down to the tee. I always find a solution. Thank you, Troy :raised_hands:t4:

I always try and use the search button but to be honest if i can’t find my answer i very rarely post a question mainly because I’m getting old and find it difficult remembering how to do a post. As long as i can do my stick and have my emails off Troy i usually find everything i need eventually. I don’t know what i would do without Troy’s posts and emails. Great work. Thank you

7 Likes

Thank you Troy!! Great site!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!:+1:

5 Likes