My intro to Troys excellent site!

Thank you for welcoming to insider. Can you help me? I subscribed to troypoint Patron but I don’t know how to access the site. Is there a tutorial available? Thanks for assistance you can provide.

I don’t see the patron designation on your avitar. You may have to send an email to @TROYPOINT and mention this to Troy.

Hi Miki. Thanks for your reply. I tried emailing Troy but, get “Troy is not accepting emails at this time”. I paid the Patron subscription fee but never received confirmation or login instructions. Any suggestions?

@TROYPOINT Reads these posts on a regular basis so he will most likely contact you with an e:mail url.

1 Like

Thanks Miki. Will do. In the meanwhile I will continue to enjoy insider posts.

I agree and have the same problem. As a new insider I have struggled with 'posting" etc. I have looked for a tutorial on the Insider to no avail. I’m trying to “post” etc. correctly but things are not necessarily intuitive. If there is a tutorial available, please advise
thanks
Tom

I have a question. How do I log out of insider? May seem like an odd request but, I do not see a log out option.

Not sure what device you are on as that makes a bit of a difference in what you see. For instance, I am on a Pixel Tablet and lets say I want to post a topic regarding a specific device like the 2019 Shield Pro. Now at the top of this thread you will see the T Troypoint which I press on to take me to the main topics display page. Once there I would go to the search.
Search Is Your Friend...!
Then I would do a search to see if what I’m interested in has been posted. If not then on that page, at the top right, is a “New Topic” button that you can click. From there it’s pretty self explanatory. Give your topic a title that briefly says what your topic is about. For instance. Shield Pro Resolution settings. Then choose a category like “Devices”. Then type in what you want to say and post it.
Now I’m sure you will have more questions so you can certainly PM me to ask and I would be delighted to help you achieve your posting goal. The following from Troy will also help you.

Yes yes yes Thanks to Troy and the folks that contribute to keeping us a float and also welcome you’ll find this place most valuable

On the main topic page click your Avitar at the top right, on the right a list opens, click the little person avitar near the bottom of that list, then click log out.
Or on this page click your avitar on the top right and same thing.

So easy when you know how. Thank you for your help.

It just takes time. Glad I could help. Please don’t be afraid to PM me with any similar questions you may have. Enjoy.

1 Like

Hey m i k i are you accepting PM messages now?

Second, this post is over 3 years old!

I’ve never stopped anyone from pming me @AJS1. I’m always open to everyone.

Actually 2 yrs 3 mnths. But someone posted a new comment which reopened it.

Yeah you’re right your box has been reopened, the other day I try to PM you and it made a statement that you weren’t receiving any more PMS or accepting any more PMs.

That’s very odd. I experimented with the option to only let selected ppl PM me so I could learn how that option works, but that was about a month ago. Yup I’m open for business amigo.

Thanks Miki, that was very helpful

1 Like

where is this magic new user tutorial available in the badges area? Maybe this would help the new people if you can find it.