šŸ›‘ HELP! Insiders please read entire message

Thank you, Troy, for all of your help and advice. This is an excellent howto for finding the information you need in the forum!

1 Like

The Forumā€™s great! Thank you Troy.

This is Luke one of your fans troypoint . I used to have a fire stick but i had to up my memory . Surf shark is great . I wish fire stick came with extra memory. i was having trouble doing kodi then i up graded my device now it works nice but i still have trouble with diggz but i thought diggz shut down even when i do real debrid links are bad so i deleted diggz and went for some other build

Just wanted to say thanks to Troy and the community for all the help and advice Iā€™ve received through the tutorials and articles on here since becoming a cordcutter. Sometimes it does require a bit of work to research the answer I need but Iā€™ve also learned lots of new stuff during these searches too! Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.

Thanks Troy! I have been a cord cutter from way back when streaming first started. Many folks have expressed their opinions and gave out good knowledge for the benefit of all of us as a group. A big shout out to you, Troy, for all the hard and knowledgeable work you do for those in the cord-cutting environment. You have made our life easy and knowledgeable about everything.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always done my do diligence when trying to find a solution to my issue.
Posting a new topic should always be our last resort.

Thanks Troy, for all the hard work you put into making this the #1 site.

Thank you. Much respects to Troy. He helps people and without a monthly fee despite the cost of running a forum, hosting/servers etc. Please follow directions, we canā€™t afford to lose these tools.

2 Likes

Noted Troy, hold my hands up as one of the guilty party. Not anymore

We can only hope
I struggled with this problem for over 30 years as the first product manager in a growing software development company that hired only high technology aptitude employees.

1 Like

Thanks Troy, I really appreciate being able to come to this forum to resolve problems and also to read intelligent responses this increasing my technical knowledge.
Thank you for all that you do.

Thanks I know some of my post were unnecessary and I will try to improve. Thanks again Troy for everything.

Thanks for the reminder Troy. I think it will help, but humans are humans. The ā€œexpertsā€ here sometimes post the answer to a redundant question in quotation marks and then ask the original poster to check the search function first. I think this is an excellent way to get this particular person to try the search first.

And it highlights the quality people that populate this forum, because they have the patience to do the work (search) for this person.

2 Likes

I to have been a troypiont follower for years and I have kept all the emails that I wanted in a file until recently when I became a patron and a whole new world opened up your advice is very treasured and will do from now on thanks again

1 Like

Only makes sense to search first!

Thanks for the information and walk through on how to find things.

Dear Troy, I thing you will find long gaps between logging in to Troypoint insider. The reason is I find your site annoying. I know you have to earn from advertising which is fine but I find the masking generated by the ads makes it virtually impossible to navigate your site, perhaps if you addressed that first members would find it easier to find posts.As for me Iā€™ve got eid of my firestick and Nvidea as I see no reason to use them as any decent streaming material is bugged with adverts and ooor quality. Iā€™ll stick to what Sky has to offer at least itā€™s good material

Thanks those are great suggestions and I totally agree, but I have a small suggestion that may almost totally eliminate the issue.

Is there a way when creating a new topic to automatically search recent post? Like when you type in the subject or title line of the post it would offer up suggested topics before starting a new thread?

Iā€™m a searcher and reader I hardly ever post on anything unless I canā€™t find an answer or if I see a topic and know the answer and can help.

1 Like

As with any forum. Chances are someone else has already posted a ā€œsimilarā€ issue and there is a good chance a solution has already been posted. I think all of us have done just that, posted without searching.
Thanks for the reminder, always search before a post and make the topic using the correct key words.

Thanks

1 Like

I have a suggestionā€¦
Troy does a superb job with his video tutorials. Why not post a video tutorial explaining in detail how to use the Troypoint forum. At times I struggle at how to post my issue correctly. Some times I guess and hope that I am doing it right.

1 Like

Searching can be a problem for some people because of how they phrase their search. There are many people who google search and bing search very well, but others who are challenged. The other problem I find is the impatience some people have for others. Yes, it is frustrating for some because of the repetiveness . Some should take a deep breath and at least point them in the right direction. There are always going to be newbies in this forum looking for help and direction. I, myself, have had issues with the search part of forum and have had certain chastise me. No point in that. Instructions on how to search, rephrasing your search words would help people. Patience

1 Like