Whole-Home IPTV DVR with TiviMate

Lots of discussion and issues recording with TiviMate. I use a Windows PC to store my recordings which allows me to view recordings on any device in my home network where TiviMate is installed. This eliminates the low storage problem on Firesticks/Android Boxes plus the 4GB max file size on external devices. Whole-Home IPTV DVR - How to Record with TiviMate on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, & More - YouTube

9 Likes

Fantastic review.

Besides for recordings the way most of these people what to do would require this type of setup.

Lots of storage.

Make sure to leave your pc on for this, can’t be off

3 Likes

Once again Troy. .

Brilliant tutorial!

Thanx bud… u rule

3 Likes

Great tutorial @TROYPOINT
Question. Since using a static IP address, does the PC that this is set up on, always need to remain on?

1 Like

Great vid and tut. One question is this possible using the usb storage on a router?

2 Likes

Hello @Sbrowne126 the computer must be on when recording to it and when playing media from it. Other than that, it doesn’t need to be on. I leave mine on.

3 Likes

@TXRon funny you should say that, I was going to add that to this tutorial if it worked but the video was too long the way it was. I haven’t tried it yet but I don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

5 Likes

@TROYPOINT
@TXRon

Need to login into the web based login portal of the router and go to USB setting and access page.

It’s a lengthy process but can be done. It’s similar to the video post.

(If your ISP assigns a private WAN IP address (such as 192.168.x.x or 10. x.x.x), you cannot use this feature because private addresses are not routed on the Internet.)

6 Likes

Yep, was thinking the same. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for being a Patron @TXRon !!

2 Likes

I might dig in and see what I can screw up :rofl:

1 Like

I purchased a 1T Western Digital MyCloud drive and assigned it a static IP. Created a folder with its own credentials. On TiViMate I accessed it via the SMB protocol and assigned the folder for recordings. Easy setup. My home’s 3 devices can record/watch any recording and my PLEX app can access them when I’m on the road.

9 Likes

When I set the static IP address in network connections I lose my connection to my wifi. I don’t have a Ethernet connection available just wifi with my laptop. What am I doing wrong? Is there another step I’m missing?
Edit: so I got the internet working but tivi doesn’t show up with the folders. My laptop is on wifi but nvidia is Ethernet if that is the issue.

1 Like

I have setup a shared folder on my Mac as well as setting a static IP address. However, when I go to TiviMate, I could not find the shared folder or any LAN connection. I searched the internet for some instructions on sharing folders on Mac computers, but nothing about how to get the Firestick to recognize it. I have been using an OTG and was successful in setting that up to record from TiviMate to the OTG, but for some reason, this sharing folder does not work. I am using the same WiFi connection for both my Mac and Firestick. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2 Likes

NextPVR is free and runs on laptop. Works so much better that Tivimate. It can handle buffering where Tivimate can not. I then use Plex to watch on firestick. NextPVR also works with Kodi.

1 Like

Hello @hotwheels I will need to take a look at that again. I tried it a year ago and it wasn’t very good. What do you mean by it handles buffering? If a service buffers, it will buffer on the recording too.

1 Like

Nextpvr will ride through any buffering and keep recording. Tivimate will stop recording with even a split second of buffering. Try it again. Works great now.

3 Likes

Thanks, will definitely look into it!

1 Like

Thanks for the video. I’ve got everything set up and recordings are working fine with my Firestick TV Lite and my PC. I have a question though.

I have to leave the TiviMate app running after I schedule a later recording correct? There doesn’t seem to be away for the app to autostart and kick-off a recording.

Thanks!

1 Like