Whole-Home IPTV DVR with TiviMate

not sure with all devices but on my mecool box tivimate will still record even with the box powered off. I discovered this while watching my router web interface and noticed the box drawing bandwidth… puzzled me at 1st becase I had forgot about the scheduled recording.

5 Likes

I just have a question that anyone can probably answer. When you are considering a new IPTV Service, and it says pay x amount a month for 1 connection, does that mean that you can only use that service on one tv, or one tv at a time. Like if I turn off the tv in the living room, and turn on the one in the bedroom.

Hi @JesseB
To answer the question directly, yes. 1 connection means 1.

1 Like

Ahmmmm that’s 1 alright. I was thinking that if I used it for 12 hrs on 1 tv and turned it off,and then used it for 12 hrs on a different tv, that would be the same as 1 device.

Hey Jess…

Yes… you can have it set up on multiple devices… but use them 1 at a time.(like your saying, use 1 firestik & turn off all others)

2 Likes

I have a similar problem to Bob11. My Mecool Km6 does not recognise the IP address of either of my laptops, in either Windows 10 or Ubuntu. When I follow your tutorial to set up Tivimate to record to Windows 10, when I reach the point of setting up LAN, it tells me there are “no folders” in my laptop, even though I followed your instruction to set up a shared folder. What am I doing wrong?

Ran a test last night and the TiviMate app does -not- need to be running on the Firestick TV Lite to perform a scheduled recording. Worked just fine.

4 Likes

Is there a pathway to storing your downloads from Tivimate directly to a flash drive instead of using a folder and then transferring to a flash drive? I have an older laptop with Windows 7 on it to store the recordings.

2 Likes

Does your PC have to be turned on all the time to record or play back from the recordings?

1 Like

Hi @Tee176
Welcome.
Yes it will need to remain on.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Block Amazon System Updates

Also, these recordings can be viewed on any device on your network via the VLC app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.