How to record streaming shows

Is it possible to purchase a DVR that would allow me to record streaming shows from the various APKs I have setup on my Firestick even when I’m not watching TV?

1 Like

If you have TiViMate then you can set up recordings. This is done in the APP not the APK. Android Packet Kit is the installation similiar to .exe in windows and once used to install the APP isn’t needed again unless you intend to uninstall/reinstall the APP again.

3 Likes

Thanks Miki. Does this App work accross all APK platforms simultaneously? Also, are there monthly storage charges for “Cloud” storage?

3 Likes

All good questions but I’m sorry I can’t help as I never record live tv nor any movies or TV series. I never saw the need with VOD or with “live” TV as if I miss it there are tons of ways to watch it again, like " catch up". Hopefully others will chime in or do a search for recording and read the posts or articles.

2 Likes

Since I am a creature of habit, I like to record shows in advance and then watch through the recordings at my leisure. This way I can fast forward through the commercials. Thanks again for your time.

3 Likes

Oh I do understand why, and you can find lots of help here, I just use other resources to get what I want without using recording. Stremio for example, will get you all TV Series the day they air, complete with entire seasons, so live tv is all you can’t get as it’s well live.

2 Likes

Tivimate recording only works with an IPTV provider. Both free and paid providers.

I’ve never been able to get a consistently reliable recording using Tivimate. I haven’t found the answer to that yet. Evidently some people hardly ever have problems…not sure what percent that is though.

1 Like

He mentioned recording shows so that’s why I pointed him to Troys tutorial. A search for DVR recording brings up lots of stuff to read. As far as a physical DVR that would launch individual apps to start recording I’m not sure that’s possible. If each app has a “record to” function I imagine that’s possible to program each one. Maybe @TP-Dracoo can chime in and let you know if it’s possible using Syncler for example.

4 Likes

I use tivimate to record shows daily. It usually only works with shows that are an hour or less in length and even then it’s only about 75% successful. Wish it was better but I just deal with it. Troy’s tutorial on how to expand the memory of the firestick with a special cable was great!

7 Likes

Any recording would have to be done within the APK/App if such a feature is offered. There are not many solutions whereby external apps would act as a DVR to an existing APK/App. DroidTV Primetime and Optik TV Remote Recording, Record It or DIRECTV may be worth investigating. I haven’t used any of them, so unsure if they are what you are looking for. I only remember reading recently about recording within Android and these were mentioned.

4 Likes

thank you for your help

1 Like

Thank you for your help

1 Like

I honestly wish there was a precise and simple answer, but I don’t thing “Streaming” has one yet. I’ve gone from B&W TV, rabbit ears, towers and rotors, to cable to internet TV, and I’ve learned to be patient as someone will eventually find an answer I think the latest internet protocol 6 is a game changer for those able to access it. Huge speed increase not to mention quality. Eventually this to shall grow old. :relieved:
:older_adult:

Are you asking to record shows on apks like syncler? Its not ment for that.

If you want to watch tv and movies that you can pause and watch later

Seren
Syncler
Weyd
Stremio

Live tv is different and needs tivimate with a record setup like whole home dvr from troy.

No point to record something you have access to at anytime.

3 Likes

Hey allycat…

First off, youd need hardware, cuz yor stik has no room, (most recordngs need gigs), so youll need a drive & a hub to read/recrd

You can record from apks on yor stik, if you hv plenty of intrnl or extrnl storage, the apks’ (like cinema,beetv) will direct it to the file you want, but it will go to internal, you can use the native dwnldr or a dwnld managr like ADM…(in the apk youll hv to choose extrnl player, then choose dwnldr)

& like Mik said, Tivimate with good “catch-up” is the easiest way to get live stuff, cuz it records the whole guide, to watch within 72 hrs (but can also recrd localy when setup), but youd need a paid provider ($10-20 a mnth)

hth… “_”

3 Likes

Thanks for your insight, Sketch

2 Likes

YW… cat

Tivimate & a provider is an easy answer to yor othr topic as well… GL

2 Likes

In the long ago past when I was working outside the USA on rotation, I used a VHS DVR to record programs. Since streaming devices, I discovered links, apps, websites where every available broadcast was listed with the exception of local news.
Like Miki, I have since no reason to download & save since everything is available easily obtained.
There are screen recording apps, you can buy DVD hardware recording devices & even find an old VHS meant to record TV. Otherwise there are no apps available which will allow using multiple apps set up to broadcast individual links for particular programs. This is frankly an impossibility. Best bet for doing so is a Direct TV subscription & setting up a recording device.
The reason is LINKS are not readily available to pre-stream hours/days/weeks in advance.
Hope this explains the why.

4 Likes

Been using KODI for years and fairly new to the IPTV side of things. Started using Tivimate a few months ago with a paid IPTV Service. As others have pointed out I really don’t have a need to record anything as any show/movie I get on KODI with Real Debrid. New show episodes are available almost at the same time they are released. I mainly use Tivimate for Live Sports and Local News channels.

I was curious as to how the recording functionality worked and was quite surprised how good it actually works. I’ve only recorded about 1/2 dozen shows - not to watch, but mainly to see if it worked and how good it works. I’ve recorded shows and movies from 30 minutes to greater than 2 hours as well as Baseball games longer than 3 hours. I have had zero issues with recording length being cut off or anything out of the ordinary. Not sure if it matters but I’m on an Android Streaming box with more storage than I’ll ever need.

4 Likes

Totally, thanks. I just wanted to do all my question asking up front.

2 Likes