Walmart ONN Google TV Box Black Screen with Wolf Launcher

Love it, got all apps loaded and then installed the APK Wolf-Launcher from Troy’s video as I don’t like the standard layout. All worked great and now, after the Google Logo, the screen goes black. Cannot do a hard reset, link remote. Changed batteries, etc. Watched every YT video, nothing works. Any suggestions? I’ll buy another and return this one. Love the Weyd and Tivimate Premium on the new box. Thanks and Happy 2024

1 Like

Use the search :mag: at the top :point_up: . This was just discussed in another thread. I hope you installed the launcher manager as well as the wolf launcher. Reset your ONN to factory.

1:Hold reset button on back of box for 5 seconds

2:unplug the device

3 still holding reset for 10 seconds

4: still hold the reset plug the box back in.

Use the reset button to scroll through the listed options by quick clicking the button, then once you find the factory reset
Press and hold the button to initiate the command

1 Like

Thanks so much. Next time I’ll do more searching before posting. Reloading everything again and will try the Projectivity Launcher.
All the best

1 Like

Just swap it out Walmart will gladly replace it

No need, the suggestions this morning worked perfectly and will go back to Walmart to purchase more ONN Boxes!!

1 Like

I just ordered my first 2 onn today. Looking to get out of the FS OS. They served their purpose.

Bought a Nvidia shield tv pro on sale but its like having a Lambo for my Sunday driving. Its great and i no regrets but might be more than i need for now. But good to know I have the power and storage if needed.

I’ll try out the onn on my other tvs and see how well they handle my streaming needs.

Projectivy launcher works great and reliably on my Onn boxes. Clean interface and no need for a companion app. If interested, you can pay a little to upgrade to premium unlocked features.

There’s more customizable features in Wolf - but I found many of those to be uninteresting (for myself, personally).

1 Like

i am fixing a 4Konn for my friend. i had the onn installed, sideloaded many apps. was using wolf launcher for my launcher. the onn was working just fine, but it just froze up. i was stuck on the wulf launcher. i could open the apps on the wulf launcher. i unplugged the plower cable. turned back on. went only to wulf launcher. remote would not let me use the back buton to go back. i could not access system settings using remote. i did go to the gear app, was in settings, went to apps and uninstalled wulf launcher. screen went black. remote does not work. ujnplugged and plugged baack in again. still on the black screen.
is there a way to fix this? is ther a way to factory reset the onn, when remote does not respond? what are your thoughts? stehen huffman

I also paird the remote, aain. did not help.

Have a look through here this might help. And do a search for 4k onn box there is a lot

Hey Stevhuff, the reset button is located on the back panel (where the HDMI is connected). To reset the remote long press the reset button for 5 seconds. To reset the box long press the reset button and power on the box at the same time for 5 seconds. This will reset the interface and remove all user data, accounts, etc. I’ve had to reset one box and it worked great after doing that. Good Luck.

1 Like

For the apps only mode on the Onn 4k box , Click the profile pic, select Manage account, on the right scroll to the bottom.
Second to last item is the Apps Only toggle.

thank you so very, very much. got the onn reset, just paired my remote again. am going to set up the onn again. thank you all so very , very much.

1 Like

Leave the launcher off this time.

My kid deleted wolf app on my onn 4k box. That was the launcher we were using. I know have a brick. Screen went black and even with a reboot, black screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance…Joey

Walmart ONN Google TV Box Black Screen with Wolf Launcher - Streaming Devices / Hardware - TROYPOINT Insider