VPN Safety Dot Premium

i am being told that my free safety dot expired. Requesting I sign up for paid premium version. Is there a different form of this type of VPN notification?
Thanks

1 Like

Not at this point. I refused to update and just kept backing out. At present my old version is still working.

4 Likes

what do you mean ‘just kept backing out?’
quest

When it kept insisting I updated I just kept hitting the back button to back out of the forced update popup.

You’re have the patience of a saint :innocent: and the grit of Rooster Cogburn. :cowboy_hat_face:

I uninstalled and wave buh-bye. :wave:

6 Likes

Oh Steve, you know how to be nice. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I suspect my defiance will not be rewarded with anything more than frustration. I’ve already deleted it on 10 customers Max sticks. Would have been nice if there was a grandfather clause so only new sign ups have to pay. See, I’m an optimist, ok maybe a dreamer.

4 Likes

clint-eastwood-nod

1 Like
1 Like

That’s awesome!! Ron

1 Like

I just fired up my stick and saw the Safety Dot mandatory upgrade and immediately came here.

There was no mention of paying for premium so I went ahead with the update. However the cancel/install buttons were hard to discern which was selected so I may have backed out by hitting cancel unknowingly.

In any case, I ended up on the original screen telling me of the mandatory update. I hit the back button this time. When I open the app it tells me that a premium version is available but I am currently using the basic version. Operation is as normal.

1 Like

That’s what I did today. I got the popup for the 1st time today also.I uninstalled it.

1 Like

Mine still works doesn’t make upgrade just says I’m using safety dot basic

1 Like

Basic is supposed to be limited by a certain amount of time, then they will likely force the upgrade.

1 Like

When I turned on my stick yesterday I was also asked about the update! I didn’t think anything of it and installed it but it was after it updated that I realized/noticed the premium stuff and that I had the option of paying but wasn’t forced to!! I have the new update and am told the same as Chosen1 :point_up_2:t3:that I am running the basic with a choice of buying premium!! All is still good and working tho as far as I can tell!! :thinking: :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Here’s the latest everybody. Just sitting here minding my own business and watching a movie with my wife and whamo a big overlay comes up telling me the limited time for vpnsafetydot is up. ??? How I didn’t even update. So I uninstalled it.

2 Likes

So absolutely no alternatives out there to replace the Dot except to activate the “kill switch” in the VPN app on each device?

1 Like

One was posted. IP widget. Not exactly the same. I believe it provides an overly of your connection details. On the firestick you could do much the same with system xray but I don’t remember how easy it would be to turn it on and off and I hate stuff overlaying my watch screen. So for now those using a vpn without a kill switch would be best if you checked your VPN connection before doing any major streaming or surfing. But no more instant notification if your vpn drops well except for VPNs with a killswitch.

1 Like

I just now tried the Safety Dot app a had installed from many, many months ago. Here is the pop-up that displayed upon app startup.

I went ahead and downloaded the update, but I was still allowed to use the “Basic” functions without issue.

This was tested on my converted Fire HD 10 Tablet. Although, the dot really isn’t necessary when using the internet on your phone or tablets because the SS icon also will appear in the upper lefthand corner, too.

Fyi, I did not wait around to see if the Dot would cease functioning. Tbh, the Dot just isn’t really worth that much of my time or consideration. It’s a nice feature and can be useful, but, come-on, man, it’s not all that and a bag of chips! lol …and definitely not worth paying for!

3 Likes

pucker-up-buttercup-dirty-harry

1 Like

I got the same thing. I hit the back button a bunch of times and got out of it. Then about an hour or so later, in the middle of a movie, I got a popup telling me my time was up for my “free” trial. :sob: Like losing an old friend. I got use to the thumbs up in the corner. Someone will code something else. Things come and go just part of the cord cutting world.

3 Likes