VPN Monitor Dot on Firestick/Android (VPNSafetyDot Alternative)

I just publicly announced the new website and new version that looks much better and adds the ability to adjust the brightness and flash rate separately for each dot:

1 Like

Ok, you and TP have convinced me. I am trying it out now.

I like the ease of use and really like the flashing rate and dimming features!

I have a request, and I know this is more or less, a superfluous one, but it would be nice to be able to change the icon to something else. Even if you can’t allow user made icons. At present I use the Surfshark icon as my icon. How about maybe 4 or 5 icons placed in settings to choose from, i.e., :rage:, :broken_heart:, :green_heart:, :ok_hand:, :radioactive:, :four_leaf_clover:. just a thought…

It’s on the todo list for a future version, but I don’t have an ETA yet.

1 Like

Would love to have my hulk back😅

2 Likes

Only folks with grey hair will get this. lol

Is there a way you could implement a setting where as the dot stays static, no flashing while on or off. Just a solid red indicator while VPN is off and solid green when its on? I can’t have the flashing bit as it messes with my OCD…lol, even when it’s slow flashing or fast.
I would have no problem paying you for this and I think it would be a great addition to the program :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is also in the todo list for a future version, but again, I don’t have ant ETA yet.

1 Like

@EngineerMind

I downloaded the app onto a Minix U22XJ MAX. And it seemed to be fine, apart from the usual playstore warning.
However, when i turned my box on next day, an error message appeared on start up" corrupted dialog box". Or words very similar to that.

Rebooted the box and same issue.

So, i have uninstalled your app. Rebooted the box again, and no error message.

Please be advised, that this is not a complaint; but merely feedback for you.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to post that issue.

I never heard of that issue before, so if it happens again, please try to take a picture of the screen because the exact wording or some other visual clue in the picture could help me figure out what happened.

1 Like

Please no emails posted here for safety. Use our pm system and do it privately please.

3 Likes

Oh, is it possible you are seeing a message near the bottom that says “Diag Mode: Boot_Completed Detected” when the device boots up?

If so, this is simply a diagnostic message to help fix any reports when a user says the dot doesn’t appear when they boot up their device.

This message is only being shown because it’s a beta version. The final version will not show diagnostic pop-ups like that.

2 Likes

Ok. I will reinstall and check. Will advise when i have done so.

@EngineerMind . Just reinstalled the app. The app is set to auto start. And the on screen message is as you stated above.

Thank you for your help.

Just one thing. Could you look at the possibility of adding an icon of a thumb " up" for vpn on. And thumb " down" for vpn off. I personally have a slight difficulty in red green colours.

Regards

I will add that to the todo list for a future version :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers, will certainly look forward to it :+1:

2 Likes

I recently purchased an MECOOL KM2 running Android TV 11.

I tried to install VPN Monitor Dot last night (multiple times) and it wouldn’t install.
It said that I had the wrong version of software.

If it said something to the effect of “older version of android”, then you can ignore that message and click “Install Anyway” and it will work perfectly.

3 Likes

Thanks EngineerMind. I tried twice last night to no avail. I tried once more. On the second try I long pressed and it installed. Thanks a lot! I guess I just wasn’t persistent enough.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that you were able to install it!

Didn’t work for me on a 4K max. It stays green when I disconnect Surfshark. It will only turn red when I force stop Surfshark