VPN Monitor Dot on Firestick/Android (VPNSafetyDot Alternative)

What didn’t work with my app? (VPN Monitor Dot)

2 Likes

The app is working properly.

Once you start the app, you just need to click “START” and the flashing square will appear in the top right - Red=VPN off, GREEN = VPN on.

After you click “OK”, my app will then move to running in the background.

When you run my app again, the button will then say “STOP” because it is already running in the background (the dot is still flashing. So if you click “STOP”, it will stop and the flashing will stop showing. The button will then say “START” so you can start the flashing again.

So each time you run the app, it allows you to start or stop the flashing dot.

So, in summary, just run my app, then click the “START” button and then the OK button and thats all you have to do. You will then notice a flashing square in the top right corner: Red = VPN Active, Green = VPN off. So it will visually tell you if the VPN is working or not.

I just noticed the ok prompt on Troypoint shows an ok in a white box in the middle of the this page qill close. The ok prompt I’m getting is a green box at the kower botton right.

You click ok and then you no longer need to open the dot app as it’s running in the background. If your VPN is active you will see a green square in the upper right corner of your screen. If it isn’t on you will see a red square. So if you see red turn your vpn on and choose a location to connect to, the square should now turn from red to green. Close your VPN GUI and you’re done. GL2U.

1 Like

I’ve tried. After I click ok, the red does stay flashing. When I click app to open, I only get an option to click stop. I open the app again it all starts over, with start page, then ok option and continues red flash. I don’t know how else to open app. Thanks

But what App are you opening? After selecting ok you will go to your “VPN” app to open it, nothing else. Do not open the “safety” dot app.

1 Like

From day 1 of your post about the alternative dot I installed on 2 cubes, 2 samsung phones and on the buzz x5. So far it’s been flawless. :blush: Thanks!

3 Likes

Ok. WOW! I am way out in the weeds on this one. Thank for the clarification. The little glitch in the whole process is my not having a vpn to start with.For some crazy reason I thought this was a stand alone vpn. Sorry for all the aggravation i might have caused all.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry, All of us here get confused at one time or another :rofl::joy:

1 Like

PapaS is absolutely right. We all make mistakes and misunderstand instructions. I’m ADHD so I have been known to get “stuck” in a misunderstanding loop. The good thing is, you got it now. woooohooooo. love it.
Now, although in the minority, there are those who think you don’t need a VPN as organizations like ACE and MPAA can’t be bothered coming after the little guy( that’s us btw) for watching copyrighted content without the proper license. This, of course, is just one of the many reasons to have a fully functioning VPN, and for me the top reason for a VPN is privacy. Afterall it isn’t exactly smart to go on a virtually “open” public network without one. Identity theft is my prime reason for using one. Now you have another piece of the cord cutting puzzle. Congratulations.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself Papa…I’m up to about 10 times or another :roll_eyes: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I just posted version 1.08. It fixes two issues that were reported from a few users:

1. Double-Method to make sure the app will keep running in the background. Even if it stops due to low resources on the device, it should recover within a few seconds.
  2. A user reported that the dot stayed red even after they turned on their VPN - this should be fixed now.

Just go to the apps webpage at VPNmonitorDOT.com and download link is at the bottom.

Let me know if you guys run into any other issues.

3 Likes

I was unable to get slide the button to the right to turn it on. I force stopped and launched several times and no luck. I uninstalled it and chose the VPN Monitor Dot application, and it is worrying perfectly. Just wanted to share in case others have the same challenge.

3 Likes

Where can I find VPN safety dot since RA is down?

How to Install VPN Privacy Dot on Firestick & Android TV (troypoint.com)

Plus there is the paid VPN Safety Dot.
Ensure Anonymity - VPNSafetyDot

I have a new website up and running and a new Beta version of the app is now available for download.

I welcome any comments or bug reports for either the website or the app.

For those who donated to this project, I sincerely thank you and I will send out a mass email when the beta testing phase is complete.

*** Please don’t share this post widely just yet in case there is still some undetected bug - I would hate for a ton of users to download this beta version and not be happy with it due to the bug - I want to do a little more testing with a small group of new users here before officially releasing it ***

New Website: MonitorDot.com

2 Likes

@EngineerMind Good Job!!! Easy to work with and works great. Put it up on my TiVo and it’s simple quick and Love those new settings for flash rate and brightness :100:

2 Likes

Glad you like it!

If you didn’t already, donations are always welcome :slight_smile:

In my case, I got confused because the Downloader code from TP led me to RED/GREEN square app and not the Privacy Dot app (that I believe was advertised for this code). It might have been updated, but maybe check this code? I’ve kind of gotten used to the larger Green square, so am no longer as eager to go back to Privacy Dot.

To get Monitor Dot, use 912985 code in downloader. It self installs

1 Like