UPDATE: BuzzTV X5

First a big thanks to @TROYPOINT for bringing up this topic and calling attention to those that are having problems with these devices. I admit I was bummed out on the product after making my purchase and after numerous attempts to get it working I had all but gave up.

enter @buzztvglobal to address my concerns and those of others. I was contacted in private message and asked if I could send my box back for testing. Although at that time I had just done a re-set on the box and not yet encountered any issues, I agreed, sent it back and at the same time they sent me a new upgraded box.

One thing I can say is ive tested many boxes and never have I seen one as well built as the Buzz boxes, all aluminum case, zero plastic and just down right bad ass in every way.
I have had it up and running several days with no issue and was told maybe my launchers were causing my issues. I hesitated at first but…its my box so I will add what I want and it better work :grimacing: :roll_eyes:… and so far so good. The user interface takes getting used to and im not a fan of the remote…soooo … Here comes tivimate, projectivy launcher, stremio…etc… so far so good again :skull:

The box is now looking and feeling like its ready for prime time viewing.
A big thanks again to Troypoint and Buzztvglobal for the help and I will post more as needed.
Time to soup this thing up for the big show :joy:

8 Likes

That is a very sexy looking box, I must say. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think this is the Purple Rain edition :rofl:…looks cool tho. Ive got it hooked up to play the Datona 500 to see if it overheats :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Looks awesome, thank you for the update and definitely give her hell! Indeed a big thank you to Troy and buzz global! Amazing what a little cooperation can accomplish!

3 Likes

So, then you can actually run a custom launcher on these Buzz boxes? If someone didn’t want Projectivy launcher, does Launcher Manager work with it?

1 Like

I Know where your going, does wolf work, answer I havent tried but will after my show ends. :+1:

2 Likes

Wolf works just fine with launcher manager, you just have to remove projectivy setting in assessibility settings.

That’s awesome! This box runs Android TV and not stock Android right?

2 Likes

yep its android tv, with little restriction and that is just android version and the normal scoped storage issues, nothing so far I havent been able to do. This box so far is flawless, no issues

1 Like

Forumuler Z11 Pro Max vs BuzzTV X5?

Personally if all things equal, no box issues its a toss up. Almost identical in specs with different ui’s. If you are using wolf or another launcher I think you would notice no difference in operation. If you use the “in-house” setup up of each box they too are very similar and I would say Z11 for that. But as far as build quality i’d say X5. The external box on x5 is like no other. I think you could run it over with a truck and it would still work. The formuler is all plastic.

1 Like

th (1)

Edit - To see how this story ends :rofl:

2 Likes

If your looking at these boxes I would add the ugoos am6b…same specs and I think its a metal box @sim_bill could answer that. All 3 are near identical in specs.

oh and @PapaS might have a x5 for sale :joy:

3 Likes

After this news I think Buzz should send out new boxes like Ron’s to all owners. That would take care of the problems.

2 Likes

In my experience, the BuzzTV operating system will not allow other launchers. The previous BuzzTV 5 (beta) update allowed you to change backgrounds using the Xplore app but the process was very complicated and since that beta update had a LOT of bugs in it, I ended up doing a hard factory reset of my XRS4500 to get it to work again. I have found it best to use stock android devices (like Ugoos) to download and use other launchers without problems or restrictions.

ive installed 2 launchers on the x5 today and all is well

1 Like

Yup. Both the Ugoos AM6 and AM6 B have metal casings and BIG heat sinks. They are the coolest boxes, (temperature wise), I have ever tried. No need for any cooling fans on these!

5 Likes

Must have been the latest software version. Good for you. :+1::+1::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

You got the Limited edition with chameleon finish and Wi Fi 6! Awesome :+1:

2 Likes