UPDATE: BuzzTV X5

Seriously, why care - plastic vs metal casing? Are you metal heads bouncing the boxes around? Does the casing affect performance if I hever again touch the box after initial set up?

1 Like

I got the Very Limited Edition :confused: Back in the cardboard box finish with the intermittent wifi.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

simply put, heat transfer for one, but there are other reasons. Just because you donā€™t care is no reason for others to ignore quality. To each his own

1 Like

Metal casings transfer and dissipate heat buildup from a boxā€™s CPU MUCH better than a plastic case. I have had both kinds and in my experience it is no contest. Iā€™ve done thermal tests with AIDA 64 app on plastic boxes with either bottom or side air vents and average processor temperatures were between 50 and 60 degrees Celsius. Metal boxes were between 35 to 43 degrees. Since processor heat buildup over time in a plastic case will result in failure of your device, consider a usb cooling fan on the bottom of your device to cool it down. Otherwise, expect to shell out $ to replace your box every now and then.

3 Likes

Whereā€™s PF when u need him! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I care about heat which was another hiccup my x5 had. Using Aida or other similar things, my box always said 4Ā°cšŸ„“

2 Likes

Papas I just think we jumped the gun on the x5. Mine was nothing but one issue after the next. This new X5 is how it should have been to start with. I have done with it as I please , installed anything I want, multiple launchersā€¦ive done everthing I can to break it except drop it off a building and its running perfect now. Lesson learned is when a new box comes out, sit back and resist we much :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey, nothing more I would like than a replacement box but for some reason (maybe the color of my beak):rofl: buzz has decided to give me the middle finger. I expressed my views about not being to tech savvy and with no more over the air updates I could no longer update the firmware which needed a whole lot of fixing. To my surprise shortly after making that post on their forum, @allaboutbuzz replied saying they would send me the usb with the necessary files on it and I thought that was absolutely great. They asked for my purchasing info and home mailing address and I gave it to them. Weeks went by and someone on their forum asked if I got my usb card yet and I said not yet, maybe they forgot about me. @allaboutbuzz replied back no they didnā€™t forget, it got slowed up because of a bad batch of cards and asked for my purchasing info and mailing address again and I sent it again and to this day, Notta :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I was never a fan of their forum and I dont think I registered after looking around at responses I just left. Maybe @buzztvglobal can check on your situation.

1 Like

Because of the bad taste left in my mouth, I stated to @buzztvglobal, buzz was dead to me so probably not gonna get to far with that. But I did think @buzztvglobal and @allaboutbuzz on their forum was the same person so I thought they would at least address why the cold shoulder treatment. Like you said @TXRon, huge learning lesson on jumping on newly released products.

1 Like

Hey Buzz what about replacing Papa"s defective box and all the rest of the ones you have forgotten about. That would go along way in repairing your reputation if thatā€™s important to your company!

1 Like

@TXRon Thanks for posting a detailed follow-up message.

2 Likes

We cannot find any fault with TXronā€™s original box. It was already factory reset, and everything was working 100%. No software update was required; however, we suspect the issue with memory being full was caused by one of the 3rd party launchers.

1 Like

You want to resell that box? Iā€™d take it down here in Mexico. Here any electronics are crazy expensive.

1 Like

We dont officially support other launchers however reading this thread, if you guys can compile a list of the most popular launchers, I can request the dev team to look into supporting them.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get any private messages from Papas. I can help someone who doesnā€™t want to be helped :upside_down_face:

Keep in mind it sounds like different people had different issues. TXron issue was not the same as Papas

@buzztvglobal account doesnā€™t exist on the buzztv forum? My account is Admin, and I rarely post on the buzztv forums.

Not all newly released products have significant issues, X5, in this case, had more issues than other new model launches. We wrestled with all-new remote technology, an all-new OS, and an all-new OTA updater. These issues have been ironed out for several months but I would agree with you the product launch was not pretty for us.

4 Likes

Donā€™t talk to me talk to the rest of your customers! Fix their problems. Ron reset the box himself and it still didnā€™t fix it. Like I said donā€™t talk to me talk to your customers

1 Like

We have a reseller in Mexico selling the B5 model. If you are interested, private message. or good luck working out a deal with @PapaS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You are commenting on behalf of customers who donā€™t want help.
Iā€™m commenting on your comments, I will ignore your messages if you donā€™t want me to respond.

1 Like