Ugoos TV Launcher

I can hardly wait…ive started watching russian youtube videos about it :joy: :grimacing: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

just got email that box has shipped. Not bad…I ordered friday night and monday morning its on horseback heading my way.

Yep, saw they loaded your package and it’s on it way. Should be here before the covid variant arrives! LMAO!

uh oh, just had somebody ask me to get them the am7 and set it up for them… now how can I do that and not get one for myself :joy:

1 Like

after some reading it appears the newest am7 is just a cheaper(more affordable) version of the am6b plus. They are comparable but the 6b seems to be still the bad ass of the croud. The ut8’s are great specs 8gb ram for example but still the am6b is the powerhouse and currently the flagship product. The x4 pro etc appear to be more promoted due to cost but get great reviews as well.

2 Likes

I have no complaints about my AM6 B Plus.

3 Likes

I may get that one to replace the Nvidia Tube one I have. The Tube isn’t bad, but it’s not as good as the Pro. I let my inner cheapness rule me the day I ordered the Tube. I thought I was saving $50 bucks, but I should have just bought another Pro instead.

But now, I can justify buying this Ugoo AM6-B to replace a so-so Tube. Although, I am going to wait and see how your experience goes with it. If it ends up being great and everything you hoped for. Then I will get one and delegate my Pro as my bedroom device and use the AM6-B for my main.

Still hoping Nvidia fixes their mess. The amount of time and frustration with Nvidia’s latest update will determine whether I go ahead and get the Ugoo or not.

3 Likes

I have now been told by my friend to kill the am7 job and order the am6b for him instead. He is very lucky I hadnt ordered already due to my procastination over which one I want :joy:…He has been researching like I have and drawn the same conclusions and we have a few users here that love them. I already have the X4 pro on its way to me for testing and it will most likely be my bedroom box with the am6b taking the throne :sunglasses: My issue right now is where to order it. Amazon has it for $200 and my preferred place to get them but aliEX has them at varied prices but looks like I can get one for about $150. Thats $100 savings for 2 boxes so I will most likely pull the trigger today…after a few cups of coffee.

1 Like

@TXRon

The major difference of am7 and the 6b plus is hardware decoders.

Am7 has a slightly faster cpu which won’t be seen by the naked eye and supports dolby vision and av1 decoders.

But if your not playing those formats it won’t matter. I unfortunately won’t be getting one free I lost the contest I was doing. But that’s fine, when things shape up I will be getting the following:

4kmax
Z10 pro
Ugoos ut8

Just to have each device and actually account for how they run.

Thanks for the ugoos launcher showcase I will be saving this so troy can put into the rai if all goes well.

I would highly consider a z10 pro max as well, it’s downside that you can’t upgrade the os or root the box but it’s practically problem free and works very good. But I wish everyone the best choose what’s good for you and remember to do research.

2 Likes

Yes Sir you got me back on the UT8 box :rofl:… for some reason I keep going back to look at that one…i’m not sure but Powerfaders ghost could be messin’ with me.

My experience with the 6B Plus has been great. These Ugoos boxes are of very high quality and do not disappoint. They tend to run cooler than other android boxes largely due to processor heat sinks that are much larger than most others. The Wi-Fi reception with the 2 antennas is very strong. The root switch is also a great feature. With that and the open android o/s, you can set up and customize your box just about any way you like.

2 Likes

Ok…heres the deal…I couldnt make up my mind…call it old timerz :grimacing: :eyes:…so I now have 1 -X4 pro(on the way) 1- AM6b(on the way) 1-UT8(on the way) and 1- wifi security camera system(on the way)…I had to disconnect…it was Like so many good deals :rofl:… actually the camera system is for my Aunt… the am6 is for a friend and the ut8 is mine.

1 Like

My x4 prothat someone gave me for free should be coming Thursday after reading your post for the last couple days I want a ut8 too :pray: :yum: so really I didn’t pay for anything so in my head I can still get the ut8 . Sounds good to me

1 Like

yea I couldnt make up my mind so I got all 3…although only the x4 and ut8 are mine but I will get a little time setting up the basics on the am6 box before they take it from me :joy:…Now I just hope the ut8 does what I think and the x4 makes a good back up…never know really. I really like my mecool km2 as it really has no probs…just the 100mb eth that I really dont know why they went cheap on that with an overall great box. But my main goal here is a rooted box that I can do as I please.

1 Like

That’s basically the same reason I am in the market. I still love my sheild but with out it being rooted I know we are in for more like this last update… I am glad I have everything I own updates turned off. But it’s coming need to be ready sound’s to justify in my head to get something new to play with :crazy_face: where did you order yours from I never ordered something from China before and I hate to wait that long?

Yea it takes longer but only a few weeks usually. I would have prefered amazon but all they had was the am6 about $50 higher. If you order from aliexpress they are basically a big group of stores all combined so the price differs alot.

2022 UGOOS UT8 PRO 8GB 64GB RK3568 Android 11 TV Box WIFI 6 1000M LAN BT5.0 Set Top Box 4K Media Player UT8 4G 32G VS AM6B Plus|Set-top Boxes| - AliExpress

1 Like

Thanks maybe I’ll pull the trigger tomorrow depending on what the guy in my head says ha ha ha thanks again

1 Like

Like in the movie Wallstreet, “Greed is good!” :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Well I paid for the ugoos with the return on the shield…I was lucky to still have that option.
My mecools are sold as soon as im ready to hand them over. The oly ones I have that no one wants are the onn’s :sweat_smile:… but I will throw a smart tube with a small kodi install and unload them somewhere :grimacing:

1 Like

I ordered both my Ugoos boxes, (AM6 Pro & AM6B Plus) from Amazon rather than Ali Express, Bangood, Alibaba, etc. Cost is a bit more but with quicker shipping and less hassle with returns, it is worth it. Very happy with both devices. Ugoos provides root switches in their devices.

3 Likes