Temu cheap china boxes wonderland

so many cheap boxes,so little money…lol
Temu is a great site to order stuff…with expedited shipping you can recieve your item in one week

streaming devices - Temu

please remove if not allowed…it’s like alibaba for iptv but it’s hardware focused instead

i’ve bought 3 of these for my fam 4GB ram 128GB storage for less than 30US,they work great with tivimate and a 500GB usb drive

Android 12 Tv Box T95z Plus Us Plug, H618 Dual Wifi Quad Core Cortex A53 Support 8k 4k Bt Media Player Set Top Box (no I P T V) - Temu

5 Likes

this is the ssd hard drive i’ve been pairing with the cheap china boxes and china iptv for my friends and family,you guys have no idea of the hero i’ve become to them by getting them mucho tv and saving serious $$

Avolusion HD250U3 500GB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black) Ultra Slim - Google Search

super cheap on ebay

4 Likes

I often chuckle when people complain about buying from a site like this yet they don’t realize sometimes the same manufacturers are building the streaming devices they are currently using.

Thanks for sharing this site @Comtech

My biggest concern about the generic boxes is the malware. I wish there were a dependable app that could scan these and tell us whether they are clean or not. From the articles that I’ve read you need to know what you’re looking for in the file systems and current scanners can’t detect the bad files. If anyone has some good info on this, I’m sure we would all greatly appreciate it.

3 Likes

Troy this Malware on the cheap generic boxes must be a relatively new thing. I just recently switched to the ONN 4K but prior was using 2 T95Z Plus generic chinese boxes for more than 5 years with zero issues. Great little boxes. Never shut em off and plenty of storage. They are still going strong

1 Like

Hey @MarkxG , agree with you 100%. The T95Z boxes were my favorites back when we used to review the generic boxes. I think I will order one of these with a cheap air mouse remote for five bucks and see how it works.

2 Likes

i’ve been using the cheap china boxes for yrs then i heard about more expensive boxes like the buzztv boxes that were supposed to be excellent for iptv? 200us for it? bought one and sorely. disappointed
…my 30 dollar US X88pro with a 500GB cheap ssd drive and tivimate actually out performs it? i was like…no way.then i had my friend that was using a 4yr old X96max that i gave him. hook up a 500GB ssd drive and record stuff to it? get the hell out of here…this 4yr old box with tivimate and a 500GB ssd drive worked perfect…my buzztv x5 that i paid 200US for stopped working after 1yr? wtf?

1 Like

But……But…… it’s not certified. You must use a certified box so Netflix will work correctly. LOL love it. Unless you are a gamer these cheap boxes work great. I don’t record as all my VOD is on Trakt vía KODI but that’s awesome you are using the cheap SSD’s with Tivi. I can’t stand commercials and don’t even want to fast forward through them.

i don’t need netflix as i download all the newest movies from ( TGx:Home (torrentgalaxy.to) for free
please remove if not authorized…but i get them behind my surfshark vpn…load to my hard drive and watch whenever i want
you also need a torrent download client…i use utorrent 3.6 and surfshark to keep the law off my butt…lol
going on 10yrs and never got a letter…vpn’s when downloading free stuff is an absolute must!! no one can tell what you’re downloading? only way to go

1 Like

lol I couldn’t refuse the price and just bought one. Only out $40 cad all in if it doesn’t work well. Thanks for the information

1 Like

So i received my T95Z 4gb 128gb android box from Temu. Reading all this info on malware preinstalled so i connected but didnt allow internet access to the device. All works well and i searched for the the folder installed with issues: /data/system/Corejava. I didnt find this at all on my unit. Just a data folder thats empty. So i am hoping my unit isnt an issue. If anyone else receives a new one can you verify your results. There is an article on Malwarebytes on what folders to look for if you need to check. Also i think Miki posted he was using malwarebytes on his android unit. What is your opinion, do you think malwarebytes would be reliable along with cleanweb surfshark VPN to notify of any unsanctioned communications?
Regards

2 Likes

i only have tv/movie apps and iptv and surfshark on my boxes? no malware…i think…lol
what exact info would any malware send somewhere? that i like pictures of 40yr old women in cheer leader outfits? i think i’d get some (atta boy’s)…lol

1 Like

Guess it will always be a catch up with new malware been released when current ones are detected.

Malwarebytes paid version has a real time scanner for those needing or wanting that level of security. I use the free version and scan after every update or app addition. That and a VPN and I feel I’m quite secure.

1 Like

@frankw I just received my TZ95Z android box from Temu today, and while I’m generally pleased with it, one thing I have been unable to find (compared to Firesticks & ONN devices) is the ability to control the TV (power & volume). I have found that there is a setting that turns off the TV when I turn off the box, however I haven’t found a way to turn on the TV or control it’s volume from the TZ95Z remote. Have you found a solution to this?

Nothing like answering your own question. I did a Google/YouTube search and found a video showing how to program the remote. For anyone that’s interested, here’s a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_x0KFYJ9Os One tip I learned by programming the remote. The video shows programming the TV buttons (Vol+, Vol-, Mute, Source) one after another. I found that didn’t work. I had to program one key at a time, let it time out (red LED goes out), then repeat the procedure with the next button.

3 Likes

Hello Bobc I have just tested basic operation and functionality and put it back in box. Using it at another location and will setup this coming weekend. I will need to set up hardware from scratch so will let you know if any issues or results that I find.
Thanks for utube update info
Best regards

In response to Troy’s post:

Troy,
You probably already know all of what I am linking to but I would love to read your comments as to the validity of the Malwarebytes article.

Javacore issue.

AntiVirus company Malwarebytes has a fairly newish article about this subject with the accompanying software/methodology involved. Not enough on the firmware issue though.

T95 Malware out of the Box. Malwarebytes reviewed/analyzed and cleaned.

Firmware bugs scare me…this guy sorta talks about the subject (Bypass this link unless truly interested. Not much self-help here )
Linustechtips.com
https://linustechtips.com/profile/1034511-tannermccoolman/content/

Sorry if I am a bit late to this discussion.
Looking forward to comments.
Thanks,
-N

I would think the easiest way to find out if you have malware installed on your box is not to scan or look for it, because like others have said, it could be named anything or installed in any directory. The best way, in my opinion, would be to install an app that tells you via pop-up message whenever a program or file is asking for a connection to the internet. It gives you the name and location of the file. You can then choose to allow or deny the connection, or look at the file and delete it. I used this exact type program years ago on a Windows 7 computer. The program was called ZoneAlarm and it gave me a little pop-up anytime anything new was trying to connect to the internet. There should be something similar by now for Android. Am going to have a look in a few minutes and see what I can find.

i have ordered quite a bit from temu, usually same item from amazon is more , and i think there are right behind amazon for order’s being placed, if you are not in any hurry might want to try

There are many ways.
One way is to monitor network traffic.
This is not an android specific method.