T95 box on ebay for 39.99

Sure will,they should be here tomorrow,must say the seller has fast shipping

1 Like

ok,i recieved the box earlier today and i’ve put surfshark, tivimate and nova tv on it…super freakin fast!! on 5G
probably because it only has these couple apps on it…one negative…doesn’t have a 3.0 usb port
i put a 64GB usb 3.0 drive in it anyway and was able to format as internal storage w no prob…like it really needed it …lol
other than that? for 40us? i’m happy with it
i see them flying off the shelf…no doubt because of that storage size and i’ve let friends of mine
know about this cheap box with tons of storage
test onn!

3 Likes

Well, don’t tell your friends and family about it!
Save it for us Insiders​:blush::grin:

It’s only $103.00 Canadian for 4GB of RAM & 128GB of internal storage - do the specs not look good to you - they seem decent to me but i’m far from an expert on boxes! :upside_down_face:

Great to know these T95 Boxes are still going strong. I’ve got Amlogic in my old Dinosaur T95’s and was wondering about this one as some have poo pood the Allwinner but sounds like your early experiences are good. Great to know. Thanks

I’m not trying to start and argument, this is a legit question. Who actually makes this box and all the knock-off boxes you see on like Amazon? I see X96, X88PRO, tons of different T95 boxes that look way different, T95Z, RK3318, X12, T9, S905W2…what are all these boxes and why do they not show a manufacturer? A few of them show some letters appearing to maybe be a brand, but when I google it there is no information on them. Any chance these maybe are made by a more known company and just private labeled or something?

Amazon.com: Android 12.0 TV Box, T95Z Plus Android TV Box Allwinner H618 Quadcore 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Support 6K 3D 1080P 2.4/5.0GHz WiFi BT5.0 10/100M Ethernet HDMI 2.0 H.265 Smart TV Box : Electronics
Wouldn’t this one be better at the same price as the T95? This is the T95Z Plus it looks like.

1 Like

That looks like a decent Box @AMD237 if gigabit Ethernet is not important to you. Indeed these T95, T95Z, and T95Z Plus (Don’t ask me the differences!) Boxes are all over the place. Seems they are like snowflakes in that no 2 are alike :rofl: These Boxes are made in China from several different manufacturers and sold directly by them or through a US based distributor as they are becoming more popular. Brand name is inconsequential IMO as there is no support however the nice thing about buying on Amazon is their friendly return policy. Specs are all over the place with different Chipsets, Ram, Rom, 100 vs 1000 Ethernet, Android version, etc… My 2 old T95Z Plus boxes were from Sunvell and Turewell but that means nothing to me.

2 Likes

AMD, I guess the difference might be the chipset. Allwinner is considered to be the less desirable… though I don’t know what our $39.99 special has inside of it

1 Like

I believe the Box the OP bought is Allwinner. Not sure where the “less desirable” concrete data has been posted though. I’ve seen some general comments about that but nothing concrete.

allwinner will be just fine for streaming unless its one of the duds, but all mfgers make one from time to time, a lack of quality control in china :joy:… for the price its worth the gamble. imho

1 Like

This is from the ad linked to.

The T95 smart box adopts the leading Android 11.1 system, the CPU is configured as H616 quad-core Cortex-A53

2 Likes

For a TV box, I wouldn’t think that the brand of processor would make a difference in terms of utility.

1 Like

I think Comtech’s new toy has 128Gb ROM, vs 32 for the one that you spotted.

As much as there is to dislike about Amazon, it is pretty easy to return stuff to them. I don’t have any experience with dealing with returns to vendors at Ebay.
So that might be a consideration.

2 Likes

All I know is my biggest mistake was buying a buzzkill X5 from them direct instead of amazon. Amazon would have took the return with no questions and full refund, Buzzkill on the other hand wanted $30 to send it back :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :confused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Good heads-up, TXRon.

My box should be here tomorrow hey Comtech did you happen to scan box for malware or viruses if yours is ok then mine should be too thanks it will probably take me awhile to figure out mine only messed with fire stick and onn box

Nope,i just use my boxes for streaming and recording content…not worried at all
update:
ok i’ve been letting the box run all day,i have a small usb fan under it…i’ve put all my fav apps on it using a usb 3.0 drive and it’s still as fast as my shield? don’t expect that to last tho as i put more stuff on it.
recording with tivimate is great…i recorded several shows using diff iptv providers while i was at work…they all recorded flawlessly…no hiccups
i also paired my bluetooth mini keyboard to it…again…no problems
i put a 128GB sd card in it formatted to fat32…again…recognized w no problems.
w surfshark running on it , my 200mbs internet connection i’m getting 85mbs down,i think that’s pretty good? w surshark off i’m getting 170mbs down,i’m going to take a 256GB 3.0 usb stick and try to mount as internal storage and see what happens…lol
since i have 2 of them i’m going to try to blow this one up by overloading it and see what happens? can allways reset to factory
so far best $40us i ever spent on this hobby

2 Likes

Specs look good but…check the unit for proper venting and cooling. Many of these generic China made devices have undersized heat sinks on their processors and inadequate venting, which makes them prone to overheating and failure. If you get one, make sure you get at least decent bottom air vents and put a usb connected and switched cooling fan under it. That will help it last.

1 Like

Is 4 gb of ram ok? :sunglasses::sunglasses:

4GB is plenty
I already have a usb fan under it,so far so good

1 Like