T95 box on ebay for 39.99

@MarkxG personally I think people knocking stock android is because of a lack of understanding. My favorite box is my nvidea shield but I must say my ugoos ut-8 box is no slouch and full blown stock box. If I wanted to watch netflix I would turn on my roku tv. This forum has lots of people searching for solutions and in the learning phase of the hobby, cut them some slack for a lack of better wording. I would imagine in a month or so the same people bashing generic(stock) will be exploring the option. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for the voice of reason Ron! I really just found out last week what benefits a certified Box has and was astonished to find out that it let’s people stream Netflix and Prime in HD on their streaming boxes. LOL I guess I do need to cut people some slack but thought this forum is for cord cutters and to find out people are looking for certified boxes so they can watch their PAID Netflix subs just blows me away because that is 180 degrees the other way of cord cutting. At least tell them to save the money and load the app on their TV if that is what they are looking for!

1 Like

I wasn’t knocking stock Android. It may be our cord-cutting way of the future. Especially reputable manufacturers like Ugoos, Formuler, etc. My post was only about the knockoffs on Amazon/Ebay, etc.

2 Likes

hey guys i see i started a discussion here, just happen to find that info about that the T95 while i was doing research about it and just though i would pass it along, i did order one before i found that info but i am not that computer savvy to do any kind of testing for malware on it . i know may not be-able to count on this but this is what the seller emailed me after i sent him that info

(Please don’t worry, we only have pre-load App in that box, the other apps you can download by yourself)

I wasnt calling you or anyone out, it was just a general statement about most peoples perception of stock/android.

1 Like

I do agree with you. In fact, I really want to get more familiar myself. With Google/Android TV heading down a nasty path, and FireTV already there, I think this could be our future.

1 Like

honestly I never trust any vendor vouching for their security. When you get it go into the apps and look for suspicious apps, and force stop/disable. If after some time everthing looks good you can un-install but safely…or just leave disabled.

thanks TXRon i will check apps may need some help because only have played around with firestick and onn box

2 Likes

We will help you out here when you get the Box. don’t need to needlessly worry that you are buying an infected Box. Again your not going to find a lot of favorable comments here on these type of boxes but lots of us have had great success with them

2 Likes

Yes exactly, this site is about learning, knowledge and sharing. No wrong answer or question.

1 Like

by the way, disabling unknown apps can give the box a hefty speed/performance boost. Only disable a few at a time, and use the box for awhile to make sure. Sometimes unknown apps have a needed use for proper box operation…but rarely :upside_down_face:

thanks a lot guys i have already learned a lot here always reading thanks again

Hey @joe981 Suggestion: When you get your box…download Malwarebytes & VirusTotal…a couple of good apps to have…IMO. Also Fast Task Killer is a good one GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

thanks guys!! for all your help i will let everyone know when i get the box do i use downloader to get Malwarebytes & VirusTotal are the free or a paid app thanks everyone for your help!!

Malwarebytes has a free option but it just does the bare minimum, which honestly is still more than the competition. Paid option gets you a feature rich app.b

Only difference is when u first get it youll hv to get dwnloader from apkpure from the browser (if no app store) & then away you go
(Toolbox, vpn, unlinked, etc)

ps: luv my stock X96x4’s, never a problm

hth…

1 Like

@elginherd

will do.i should get them by tomorrow

i have several stock chinese boxes that i’ve had for yrs with no problem
X96max that troy recommended,X88pro,H10plus and a G96max
had these for yrs w no problems.i just like playing with the stock android boxes
they’re great for me
i also have a buzz5 and a shield and a firestick
luv them all!

3 Likes

Not a fan of the x88, slow response & menu’s for me (so i dissected it… lol)

the shield is on my 75inch living room tv
the buzztv5 is in the bedroom
the rest are in the mancave in the basement and i watch and record sports and ppv on them using tivimate
can’t wait to get tivimate loaded on the new box and see how she rolls…lol!

1 Like

A lot of people will be waiting for your honest review on the box. We would greatly appreciate it after you get a chance to fiddle.

1 Like