Surfshark not working on fire stick

I installed surfshark and everything looks good but everytime I try to install Kodi or build it says not connected to internet. I check vpn and network and they both say good connection, and connected any one know what I should do .

Confusing title… surfshark is working… its kodi.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

You don’t need a VPN to install Kodi or the apps, only for sports, i have Surfshark and it works perfectly for me, …

2 Likes

My problem is that surf shark keeps disconnecting while I am watching IPTV or Synclr

Have you tried connecting to a different country?

I have it running on mine no problem, make sure you check your settings and have everything setup properly and look for circles next to countries most are half full and some are like a third full. Try to stay away from those, and if you need to contact surfshark they are very helpful and quick.

Mine has been doing the same. I try to hook up to servers that are close to me for best speeds …US Midwest… tried Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit alternating, and it makes no difference (different protocols too). Still getting kicked off with Kill Switch on IPTv. Logically, it’s probably our provider getting overwhelmed. Bad connection and then kill switch engages? Also getting really slow speeds with SS engaged.

I’m having issues also. I’ve tried 3 different locations and get error message telling me surfshark can’t connect because another VPN is already running. I don’t have another VPN installed on my Fire stick and never install anything to router.

1 Like

that was happening to me also when i first installed SS-a few months ago- i would restart my devise and it would act rite…it happened several times, not every time but enough to be annoying…then it just quit happening…not really a solution but at least you are not alone on this particular issue…

1 Like

Did you previously have IPVanish installed? I uninstalled it on all my devices and installed SurfShark. I think some remnant of IPV are creating revenge havoc. The “another VPN is running” also ultimately disappeared for me. I found that setting from Wireguard to OPEN (UDC) fixed alot of stuff and increased speed for some reason. SS running well now and kill switch stopped activating every few hours.

Like @carlbs stated, if you’ve had another VPN installed and even uninstalled it, SS will pick up remnants of it and stop working even if uninstalled. This has happened to me. I haven’t had time to do a deep scan to try and remove anything that may have been left behind. It’s annoying

Let me (us) know if and when you get a chance to do a deep scan. I was speculating, but it makes sense.

1 Like

I just tested this theory out. I installed SS on a brand new 4K Max that has another VPN on it, UKExpatVPN, and it installed flawlessly and I was able to completely set it up and use it without issue. So maybe something else at play here.

1 Like

Give it a day or so. It will eventually stop working and the “Other VPN” message will show up. If it doesn’t, they may have repaired the issue. I did speak awhile back with SS CS and I may still have the transcript. I’ll dig around for it

All good. They hopefully have fixed it. I’ll run it for a few days and find out. I just did it today. TTFN

1 Like

I just uninstalled both SS and Express. I used Xplore premium to search in every area possible for Express and came up with nothing. I now reinstalled only SS and set to my normal settings. I’ll see what happens. Yes I sure hope the issue has been resolved

I actually installed ExpressVPN as well. I now have 3 VPNs on my Max, no issues. Oh I did turn off the killswitch though in SS.

I’ve never run it without so I wouldn’t know if it’s the issue or not

I never connect without an active vpn. So far all good with SS running and 2 others installed on the Max. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I meant without the KS