Surfshark not working on fire stick

Ahhh got ya. I have an active easily seen monitor that informs me when my VPN connection drops, I don’t need a killswitch.

Well this morning I turned on the KM2 and I got the dreaded message on SS that “Another VPN detected” message and SS was disconnected. So the issue on my end has not been resolved. I am running the most current version as well. Annoying

I can only imagine. The only difference between your setup and mine seems to be the killswitch. I have mine off. Sorry I can’t help as I only use SS on one Max. Have you contacted SS Customer service?

I did after I redid everything and got disconnected. It was late so I didn’t reach out again. I am going to now. I think I will experiment Tuesday and wipe the KM2 and install SS only and see what happens. That’s the last step I can think of to try and do some deductive reasoning unless they tell me something different. I’ll post back in a bit as to what they tell me

Tx Streaming429. I sure admire your tenacity.

I was told I need to send a “Bug Report” when it happens. Had I known this from my first chat with them several months ago, I would have been happy to do that. So now I wait

Well although a pain, now you know. I hope the bug report helps. Tx for keeping everyone informed.

Good news it happened again. Bad news is it happened again. Lol I sent the bug report in and I will contact support in a little while

Man that is so crazy. Wish I had a solution. Keeping fingers crossed that SS CS comes through.

Assuming you have uninstalled and reinstalled SS app? I feel like this has happened to me before and trying to think back to what I did.

I just thought of something. Just a stab in the dark. If you had another vpn installed at one time, did you use the downloader app to install it? If so perhaps if you open the downloader and look on left under “Files” you may have forgotten to delete the original install file or APK. If one is in there you can delete it. As I said, just a stab in the dark.

Both came via Play Store and only SS is installed on it. Did a deep search with X-Plore premium and nothing is left. The one agent told me after looking at the report I sent in there is no other VPN installed nor files. That agent told me to download from their site. The second agent who came on because the first one was done for the day asked me to reset my network settings and try again as my download may have not been complete as it may be a network issue. So in a nutshell, nobody knows

Damn that’s crazy. Not even they can give you an exact answer. Sorry.

I had this happen when I switched over to SS, I’m pretty sure I ended up reinstalling original VPN so I could clear data before uninstalling again. Just an idea .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.