Surfshark Amazon Problem Has Been Fixed

Over the weekend there was a problem with Amazon Fire TV devices working properly when Surfshark VPN was active when using United States servers.

Surfshark has informed me that this problem has now been fixed and it had something to do on the Amazon side with their network. According to Surfshark, they didn’t change anything on their end and everything is now working the way that it should.

I just tested this myself and they are correct. United States servers are now working properly once again within Amazon devices.

9 Likes

I signed up for surf shark through Troypoint promo yesterday . $60 for 2 years. It worked fine then 2 hours later I went to stream again and the VPN app said " subscription expired , renew subscription" I was using an onn tv box, not firestick. I wonder if it’s related to the same problem though :thinking:

3 Likes

No, i would be contacting support, its probably a glitch.

1 Like

I agree with @TP-Dracoo you could also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app as well. I would suggest using TROYPOINT App as it has the most recent release.

https://troypoint.com/surfshark-apk/

2 Likes

Ok I just reinstalled surfshark via RAI but it’s still saying subscription expired. I just signed up for it yesterday :person_facepalming: I’ll have to contact customer support. Thank you
:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

Yea, that be the best bet. It sounds like they didnt apply your sub properly which is a simple fix on there end.

3 Likes

I would also like to point out something here, if you decide to get ss please do some research if you have issues or come here and talk about them. Dont just automatically get upset and cancel, my suggestion would be at least see if the issue can be resolved, this is why you do have a 30 day money back guarantee. The same thing happened when ipv was number one.

Dont be so quick to giveup, give it a try, work threw the issues and try to resolve them, if you unsatisfied still then opt for a refund. All im suggesting is a little patience, trial and error. You will find what works for you in the long run. Enjoy everyone.

4 Likes

Thanks Troy for doing what you do its very much appreciated…now can you call buzztv and get the same results :rofl: :face_with_monocle: :eyes:…no serioulsly :thinking:…well :grin:

1 Like

Same problem here paid for the program, log into my account, just says subscription expired. Emailed support sent my paid documents, as of right now, no reply from Surfshark. Hope to get this resolved soon.

I subscribed and paid with my Google play account. Went into my play store subscriptions and it’s not even listed there. I wonder if I have a card in my Google wallet that’s expired and it kicked the subscription out :thinking: keep me posted and let me know what happens at your end.
:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

Update on my issue with Surfshark. It’s all fixed now, the customer support team fixed my issue after I sent them prof of purchase. All good now and seams to be working great.
Just wanted the group to know.

6 Likes

Thanks for this update Troy! When I saw this, I tried running YouTube again from my firestick device while Surfshark VPN is running. This time, it is finally loading again! :heart_eyes: This gives me enough reason to stay with Surfshark! :smiley:

3 Likes

I had problem with using Surfshark was having problems with geo settings, just would not work. contacted customer services, very patient and professional. In the end I realised that I had not correctly set up one of the settings… i.e. the one where you can choose which apps go through vpn and which don’t. I also like the fact that you can select three locations, ideal for quickly being able to select another country.

Also, fastest von by a country mile… often get over 400Mbps on wifi! Awesome!

1 Like

I think the price for Surfshark is really great but why would I want to purchase it when I have absolutely no problems with IPVanish? I understand I can save a few dollars but seeing all the headaches people are having makes me just want to stay put. I don’t have to install anything new or install/reinstall or call support or hang on the phone for who knows how long. I just connect and go. I’m extremely happy with IPVanish. However, it would be nice if they offered those of us who stay with them a reduced rate for a year or two. Loyalty should be rewarded. JMHO

2 Likes

IPVanish is still Troy’s #2 VPN. If it works better for you and you don’t require the other “features” that SS offers, I can understand why you would want to stay put.

1 Like

I agree with what @AMD237 said. If it is working well for you, keep using it. Also, regarding introductory rates, you see this everywhere, not just technology services. I would imagine it is hard making money at such low introductory prices therefore they will eat it for a year or two hoping they make money off of you in the long run.

1 Like

I have been problems with SS. Every time I connect, I get a Firestick update and then I can’t get on anything until I reboot the whole system. I gave up IP Vanish because of connect issues. Everything seemed to be ok with Surfshark until lately have temporally disconnected until I have time to figure out,

I left Ipvanish for Surfshark because they do not have records of your activity, if that is the correct terminology. That way no one knows where you go thru them. Hope I explained that right.

I had exactly the same issue using my windows 11 pc. Downloading the latest version of Surfshark resolved the issue

1 Like