Storage on 4K Max Firestick

Agree Miki, full builds are nice but bulky and most of the add-ons I would imagine just don’t get used and take up space. Use the Fork and install all of the add-ons that you will use consistently, add a skin, authorize RD and you’ll have a much more streamlined, personalized Kodi with space and memory to spare.

2 Likes

Have done exactly what you have said. Customized Amber Skin with just the Crew, Ezra, and Mad Titan. Works good.So maybe put things like background apps refresh prime video troys app installer and stuff like that and Gain a little space.

1 Like

Exactly. Move your Kodi onto the Max and keep things like Analiti or Fast Task Killer on the USB.

Thanks you guys are great

3 Likes

Oh, one quick note, you can’t move Amazon apps, like Prime, onto the USB.

1 Like

Troy talks about moving Netflix with the xplore app. I suppose it’s impossible to move any of Amazons bloatware like Amazon shopping or photos and all that stuff ?

Ya I read another article on moving netflix using X-plore but I don’t have Netflix so can’t honestly say. I may get it and test out if it is possible.

1 Like

Really wish the Debloat tool from TDUK still worked. I still have it on most of my firesticks but I don’t believe it functions anymore the way it was intended. I think Amazon put a nix to that…one of the reasons I have distanced myself a bit to FireOS over the years.

1 Like

There are many sections that still work and I use. Like blocking notifications. This requires a bit of learning and studying up on exactly what the debloat tool is doing. There are protected modules that you can no longer remove from the installed apps list like you use to be able to do. I still have it installed and active on my Max. I figure every little bit helps.

1 Like

I’m doing the same. I do remember Troy saying it would remove data so new sign in is required.

1 Like

U also have to make sure that ur clearing ur cache like ALL the time, even the wallpaper will get like 100mb of cache in like a week, it’s ridiculous! A lot of apps I don’t use like Amazon shopping will get cache too, I wish we could take the bloatware off.

1 Like

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

1 Like

Okay so now that I’ve moved as much as I could to storage I went from1.85 gigs to 2.30 .I’d like to get the kodi fork from Rai.From what I understand this will now be added to USB storage. Is the fork going to work properly since it’s Kodi?

1 Like

If you have space yes.

1 Like

I have set up the max with usb storage but when i download an app it still uses up the firestick storage not the usb storage

You should be able to move it over to usb just like you did the rest of the apps you used.

1 Like

If you are downloading from Google Play Store or Amazon App Store the app will download to your device. If you are downloading from Aptoide, APKPure, or APK Mirror etc. app should go to your USB storage.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Storage issues and apps

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.