SPEED! Why not accessible by streaming devices, Boxes, Chromecast wgtv and Sticks?

FLA Comcast customer (under the 360 mmps Plan) with top equipment (4K HDMI and CAT 8 Ethernet cables) can’t get more than 20-40 mmps internet speed to his 4K Max Stick and TVBoxes (T95 4-64G) either with LAN or WIFI connection, with VPN on or off, while Internet Speed on Phone, Tablet, PC and other devices are all above 300 mmps or 250 mmps with VPN on!! Obviously, such slow speeds render streaming impossible most of the time!! WHAT COULD BE DONE TO IMPROVE SUCH SPEED TO THESE STEAMING DEVICES?? As all these problems are not encountered in Canada, my 6 months residency here risk to be not as pleasant. HELP is appreciated. THANKS.

1 Like

@mmmpoul

I think it’s important to read a few topics and guides outlined by troypoint first.

Buffering and speeds.
My Buffering topic
Routers and modems

Yes I know they talk about buffering but they also talk about speed.

Also another important part is bandwidth allocation. How many devices hooked up to the modem/router? Are they taking up all the bandwidth? Is priority been set to not have once device take all if being used?

Have you done speed tests with hard wired and wireless with vpn on and off? There is alot to consider and alot for you to troubleshoot. Just because you pay for this much down doesn’t mean you automatically get it, the prerequisites need to happen.

2 Likes

Done all that…TOP new and updated equipment, Cat 8 , 4K , HDMI and Ethernet cables, boxes and sticks (MAX+), LAN or Wifi connected with Comcast XB&) or my own Router with or without SurfShark VPN on, Notifications and automatic Update off, Stick Stick Debloated, VPN support contacted, etc. etc…RESULTS: no change!! SPEED tested in (A) PC, Tablet or phone: 250-338 mmbs!; and (B) 8-31 mmbs in Boxes (T95 4-64GB) and AMXN 4K Max+…! and…Buffering, and Shut off every other 3 minutes…! Doyou know any other device other than Chromecast WGTV, Android boxes and Sicks that could render Streaming pleasant by accessing to adequate transmission speeds ?? Thanks for your answer!

1 Like

@mmmpoul

What’s the device in question that had the slow speeds.

I think something is being missed here. You will not get 300 down with a vpn on ever. Is your firestick on 2.4 or 5g? Is it wired or wireless? Have you changed vpn protocols?

By saying you have done everything and not actually discussing anything won’t get the situation resolved.

2 Likes

at least 250 on all devices but streaming devs where I get 8-31, wired or wireless, on 5G, as I said earlier, all protocol changed (automatic, open U, open T, or wireguard) etc…

1 Like

@mmmpoul

So with vpn installed and connected on all devices you get 250?

Speed tests have been done with them on your devices and you get 250? Then it shouldn’t jump to 30 then, if the vpns are on and connected it should go down twice. I think there is a different issue going on.

1 Like

Comcast provides me with up to 360. VPN on, Speed Tests on PC, Phone or tablet will indicate at least 250; on Box and Stick…8-31…!! I upgraded my Plan, modem, router, etc. at Comcast thinking that speeds would increase at the devices. It did…on PC, Phone and Tablet…ZILTCH on streaming devices…NO Change whatsoever!! Seems that these Devs have filters, or no brain powerful enough to sustain such speeds above…8-31, say 47 on rare occasion…DISCOURAGING!

1 Like

Try hooking up one of the boxes via ethernet and then run another speed test.

I have a similar issue with an oooold laptop and the wifi connection will drop a lot and the speed is much slower. I believe this is due to a corrupted driver? Anyway, I decided to connect my laptop using and ethernet and 99% of the problems disappeared.

If nothing else, you will be narrowing down the issue a bit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.