Showing watched movies, TV episodes

I have been using Kodi with the Diggs build for some time. One time I had to uninstall and reinstall. I know previously when I watched, for example, TV episodes such as Seal Team, that when it listed all episodes, there was a check mark on episodes I had watched, but since reinstalling this is not happening. Am I missing something? Is there some app I need to install?

For whatever reason the developers are leaving that function out of most of the add ons.

Homelander still has the check mark when the episode has been watched. It’s a good addon also with or without rd.

2 Likes

Get an Account with Trakt.TV. you sync it to your KODI addons and it keeps track of what you watch. Does a lot more too. Google it

2 Likes

Use Red Dragon addon, it checks off watched
episodes and will keep track if you want to resume an episode from where you left of

So joining Trakt sounds good but you’re putting your name and email. Don’t we want to somewhat remain anonymous in the Kodi world?

New email, new name. :wink:

I’ve never heard of red dragon, do you have a url for the repo its in.

LOL there’s a ton of Nervous Nellies here. I have no idea how somebody could tie your Trakt username to KODI or even why resources would be deployed for that. People really need to chill on not using credit cards, emails, etc. but if you are really concerned just create a burner email account.

5 Likes

Maybe he’s talking about Magic Dragon?

2 Likes

For anybody looking for addons that mark watched episodes without a trakt account here are a few really well working ones that will do that.
Adina
Alvin
Buds
Ezra
Homelander
Moria
9 lives
Quicksilver

That is very cool info Papa. Even still, I would recommend anyone to get a Trakt account. It is free (there is a premium version if you prefer) and supported by most apks and add-ons. You can make your own watch lists, and it carries with you from box to box. I set up a “Christmas” watch list and you can do other creative things too. The premium version would have more features, but I haven’t done that…at least yet.

4 Likes

Spot on! Love Trakt for that and more. I keep the App on my phone and a bowser window open on PC. Every time I see a Show/movie I might be interested in pop it into one of my lists/collection and Boom next time I open KODI it’s there. Also as you said if I need a Fresh copy of KODI all my stuff stays. I do have the Premium version although will admit I’ve not fully taken advantage of it one thing I like is the ability to clone lists of others who have published their different lists. For Example I love Sci-Fi Movies and found a list with over 300 Movies and instantly cloned it to my account

2 Likes

I use Homelander & i’ve yet to see a checkmark placed besides episodes watched. Is there any setting that needs tweaking for me to be able to see them again (used to see them several years ago but not in the last year or so)?

I have been using Skeleton Crew on KODI which uses Homelander & Nightwing as it’s primary video add-ons. I also use Trakt & RD. In order to see where i am in my weekly shows - i go into ‘My TV Shows’ in Nightwing (primarily) then click on ‘Progress’. It has a list of all your shows & where you left off. It even takes into account weekly skips when the show is not scheduled & also when the new season starts - how these geniuses do it just amazes me every time i use KODI & these add-ons. I couldn’t live without KODI - perfect companion to use with IPTV, especially when your provider cancels catchup!!!

1 Like

When you’re done watching an episode, highlight that episode, click options, click “watched in Homelander” that should put a checkmark there.

Homelander as a stand alone addon will check mark watched episodes automatically.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.