ONN Google TV Android box and launcher apps

I never bought premium, mostly because it was new then and just wanted to try it. I love the free version, I’ll bet premium really rocks!

1 Like

Do you have to pay for each device or is it account specific?

1 Like

nope, one time payment and use it on all the devices you want under that account

4 Likes

It the purchase good for just one box?

answered above, all you want

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. On a fire tv cube, do you have to delete wolf launcher and launcher manager first–before installing projectivity launcher…or can you install projectivity launcher and try it while LM and Wolf are still installed?

from what ive seen is you can leave wolf anf LM on the box but I eventually removed wolf and LM because of occasional attempts of it trying to regain the manager. It wasnt a big deal but since I didnt use wolf anymore I just removed them and all is well.

Thanks again Ron. I just downloaded Projectivity Launcher using downloader and did the setup. Since I have a fire tv cube, no premium available. It does seem to be working but I am unable to 'enable" the accessibility service. Is there a trick for that on an amazon fire device?

sometimes its hidden even on android, Maybe @Miki knows where its at on a firestick.

No launcher automatically loads on a FireTV device, even ProjectIvy. It takes Launch on Boot to do that. Not sure if maybe you thought it would.

2 Likes

Hi Miki et al.:

My Projectivity Launcher seems to be working (although no premium and some greyed out features). TxRon recommended enabling the accessibility services. I am unable to do this–it remains greyed out. Using a FireTv Cube gen 2. Some residual amazon blocks?

Any ideas?

If it already works, what more do you want it to do? We already know that Amazon blocks launchers from auto-starting, but Launch on Boot can sort of get around that.

Some remote button and tile features? Wolf-like stuff. No inputs are visible. Others? But hey, it is launching and free so not really complaining.

Gotcha…Yea Wolf is going to be your ticket for the most customization options, no question. ProjectIvy still a cool launcher and has different features than Wolf.

I’ve always liked the clean and intuitive gui of the ivy launcher. Honestly, the stock launcher doesn’t really bother me that much, despite it’s ad-centric crap. Much of that implementation is what helped with being able to sell at price point.

As mentioned, the benefit of having the default launcher bypass enabling, baked into the ivy app, is a shout out to the dev. Relying on a secondary manager to mitigate a good handshake between custom launcher and OS is always risky as updates could always compromise reliability.

For those that have installed it, go to town and play around with it. See how it benefits you and if ends up being a permanent fixture, be encouraged to consider purchasing the premium version (wallpaper uploads, widgets, etc), budget permitting. The purchases (as with donations) support these Devs and usually ensures continued support for the app with regular updates and enhancements.

$7.49 for premium on Ivy, BTW.

Though I’ve seen that there’s modified apk versions of this launcher floating around, with premium features re-enabled, I’d stay away from it. Even with virus/malware scans, it’s always hard to tell what’s coded into these modded APKs.

Same to be said about content creators. If it makes my life happier and easier - I’m happy, if able, to donate to Devs and content creators as it’s a lot of work and time to upkeep modern apps and content sites.

:coffee:

2 Likes

Sorry for hijacking this post but it does fit being here. I posted this question over a week ago and not one response so hope it gets some attention here

I purchased the new ONN box and while trying to set up filesynced, every code I type in says code not public. Whats the deal and what do I need to do to get them working so I can install some of the APKs there?

Do you have the latest filesynced app for GoogleTV? It’s V3.3

So you’re saying we should still be wary of all these apks that are scanning clean on virus and malware scanners? How are you able to tell the good from the bad then? Disassemble and recompile everything just to be sure?

No - I’m not insinuating that all APKs should be treated as dangerous - though a forked version of any original app is modded and subsequently has the “potential” of contain suspect code. Or it may not have anything malicious.

I’m merely suggesting that if given the choice, why not just give the dev compensation for a tool that you like and find useful rather than downloading a modded version of his/her app and undercutting compensating for their work. You would, at the same time, remove the element of risk that the modded apk could be harmful, despite scans showing clean.

But to each their own…

1 Like

Yes, to each their own. Thank you . I’m sure you don’t have any of those modded ad-free movie apks installed anywhere. :face_with_monocle: Yes, when it says ad-free in the title and you download from a link other that the Play Store, that is a modded apk. “gasp” Kinda sounded like you were insinuating that all unmodded apps are safe (moreso) and to be wary of the modded ones even if they scan clean with multiple definitions on a virus and a malware scanner. Gotta disagree on that one. I myself would never pay $7 for any app unless it was absolutely necessary. But hey, like you say, whatever floats your boat. If you’ve got money to throw, give it a hurl.