ONE CLICK Force Close ALL Background Apps

Hope it helps you too.

1 Like

There definitely is a need for an app killer for the Shield. Can’t wait until this is available.

1 Like

Yep, but he must do an update to allow the user to exclude apps they wish to exclude.

1 Like

There is a distinct difference between foreground apps and background running apps. Double pressing the home button on your shield only shows the foreground apps.

You can close all foreground apps but if you open up “Background apps and process” app, you will see the background running apps.

My app is specifically for closing these background apps with 1-click.

Thanks

TD

9 Likes

That screen is just your recent apps you have opened. It does not close them. If you delete them from that screen and then go to your apps is settings and click on the ones you think you closed and you will find that they were indeed not closed.

Although, that is a nice way to quickly return to an app without needing go to your apps page and reopen from there.

1 Like

The real @TechDoctorUK in the house? Thanks for coming buy.

2 Likes

How did you delete your Google account? What is the pathway? I’d like to disable the Play Store but not my account…I think.

You can disable your Play Store by going to the app info page in settings (Nvidia) I usually force close, clear cache, and disable the Play Store every time I am finished using it.

No and yes. That page just displays apps you have recently opened and are running in the background also. When you reduce that app and click the “X”. All that does is removes that app from your recent’s list.

If you remove an app from your Recents page and then go to settings> Apps. You will find that the app you removed from Recents is still actively running in the background. You will still need to Force Close that app and clear cache.

Btw, double clicking your “hamburger” button on your remote will bring up the Settings menu. If you single the hamburger button it will switch to whatever setting you have for AI or back to basic.

settings>apps only shows recently opened apps, not sure how you see it’s running in the background. Btw. Tx for the discussion. Helps to understand the AndroidTV a tad better. Aha. I think I get it. If it isn’t running in the background then it doesn’t show the forced closed in recently opened. Tx.

Ok, open an app and go to your Recents page. Now close that app from there. Now go to you seettings>apps and you will see that it is not closed. You will still need to force close that app so it will not be actively running your background.

Also, as TDUK mentioned you can bring up your Background Apps and Process Lists app and you will see that app you removed from recents appearing as one of the apps still running in the background.

“Aha. I think I get it. If it isn’t running in the background then it doesn’t show the forced closed in recently opened.” exactly.

Btw, forgot to mention if you single click your home button it will take you to your home page.

I don’t have the background apps app. I think I understand it now. Tx PF. Appreciate the clarification.

1 Like

Hey BM, don’t be so hard on urself. These young guns do this stiff like breathing. I’m pushin 70,been pluggin @ this stuff last 6 o 7 yrs. Just keep plugin and pick these guys brains.

1 Like

Thank you MrPink for the encouragement…
I must give a shout out to Miki… he has definitely helped me especially when I feel, like I say, this stuff bewilders me, lol.

Tx BM. It’s all about the experience now. I’m not like some here who have the opportunity to test a bunch of devices. Not got enough money. One thing for sure, there’s never a dull moment in this hobby. Tx to many on here I am learning daily. So far Sticks, Onn, KM2 and now the top of the heap Nvidia Shield Pro.

1 Like

Thanks PF. Whoosh, super easy. Didn’t know or remember there was an option to disable there. :clown_face: :clown_face: And since following the pathway there doesn’t seem to be an option in KM1 Deluxe to shut down Play Protect… will disabling Play Store accomplish this?

Pondering this one-click background app stop thing…I wonder if that is necessary for us casual users that don’t have a lot of apps running with decent memory in the box (4, 32)? I like the idea of it in principle though.

1 Like

Btw, a poster here turned me on to disabling the PS app on my phone to save the battery. I didn’t even think of disabling that app on my phone. Super simple and my battery acts like it is brand new again. I charged up fully Monday morning and still have 85% battery left on my phone. Granted I don’t do much on it, but still I know I would needed to recharge it this morning. I am going to see how long it take it to drain out.

1 Like

That is the bottom line for me Miki… Time experience and money.
But I am thankful to be able to come to a group like this and glean what I can.

Well welcome to the old foggies club. I’m 68. Pleased to meet you and I hope you come to enjoy this group as much as I have.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

1 Like

Welcome to the greatest online streaming forum in the world great to have you in the house. Been following you for a couple of years and you “Da Man”

As soon as this can exclude certain apps, it’s a no brainer for me. Keep up the great work @TechDoctorUK :slightly_smiling_face::+1::clap:

2 Likes