Nvidia Shield Pro External Thumb Drive

After I did the recent Nvidia upgrade my Shield Pro no longer mounts my external SanDisk USB drive. All the apps that I use are not accessible!!! Ex…ipvanish, kodi, Tivimate…etc. I’m freaking out!!! Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Is there anything we can do to resolve the problem?

That seems to be one of the problems with the new update everyone will have to wait for patches or fix to come out from Nvidia .

1 Like

Thanks for responding Bigrich. Did you do the update? Are you experiencing the same problem? Joel

2 Likes

No I didn’t I have my sheild set not to auto update and turned off notifications so no I am not having any problem

2 Likes

Can I come over your house tomorrow and watch all the NFL games? Lol

4 Likes

Sure if you bring the nachos and I am smoking a pork but tonight for 12 hrs and have plenty beer come on over girls are going out for the day hahaha

2 Likes

Oh yeah and welcome to community lots of info and experience here search button and you shall find seek and you shall see. Keep checking back to see if there are any fix’s available and read the posts about the subject and read what other people are doing and problem they are having so you can look out for more problems good luck. But try finding the answer by reading first that how you will learn then if you can’t find what you need ask and everyone is willing to help you out here

I cut the cord about 3yrs ago and have always relied on Troypoint.com for all my streaming needs. I hope he figures out a resolution for this problem!

1 Like

You didn’t say if you are bringing the nachos lol :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer. I’m probably going to revert to plan B and move my firestick from the bedroom into the livingroom.

1 Like

Welcome! My Shield Pro updated with no issues and my USB is still there, mounted and apps on it. I just downloaded Defsquid and it installed onto my usb.

3 Likes

WTF! I’m happy for you…I just don’t understand why. I’m sure I didn’t do anything different than you. Now I’m even more confused than I was before.
Btw- what’s defsquid?

2 Likes

I wish I had an answer. My Wife & Grandkids were watching tv all day, I came home from work to watch something so I exited out of Netflix and saw the message alert, clicked on it and just followed through which included updating the remote. I feel bad for you

2 Likes

Got 90% of stuff working properly now. Did the 1st hotfix 1 image. Can now do backups and recordings in Tivimate. Got all my apps back up and running, except Plex and Mouse Toggle. Also, i still can’t access anything that was already stored in any file explorer since this update. Although, i am certain that issue will be one that is addressed post haste.

Now just need to find a replacement for Mouse Toggle. Lol. That little app I used a lot because of the ease of convenience. So life is almost good again? :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

That’s encouraging to hear. I’m glad to know that you got most of your stuff back. Was it difficult or tricky to do the Hotfix? I’m a little nervous.

1 Like

That’s awesome! Really happy to hear but sucks you have to go through it. I am reading a lot about Plex being a main concern for a lot of people. I myself don’t use Plex

2 Likes

No, the Hotfix Image 1 was easy to install. Just clicked on update and it did its thing. Just beaware that once you elect to do a Hotfix there is NO going back, but I haven’t experienced any issues as of yet. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yeah, Plex is a main thing with Nvidia and you would have thought they would have tested that portion iof it out thoroughly prior to pushing this drop!

I have been in contact a lot with the Tivimate developer along with a few other developers in Github. Here is the last response from the Tivimate developer. It seems he is aware of the issues, but Google denied him access to external storage permissions. "The system file picker allows you to view files but not manage them i.e., if you select an m3u it errors out
[8:30 AM]
I’ve emailed and he’s replied

MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is for specific apps only like file managers, for example. Google has denied TiviMate to have this permission as not related to its core functionality. Also, I will improve m3u support for files added via a system picker in the next version." So, this is his solution until he does an update… which I hope is soon!

So, until then use “System Picker” for backups and recordings.

2 Likes

I had same issues after the update. I now have all my apps working. Try this, go to settings, Device preferences, System, USB mode then select Max performance. Give it a minute to bring your apps back. I am not using PLEX so am not sure if it will work on that. Good luck all

2 Likes