Nvidia Shield Fix

In X-Plore this is what their techs came up with until a “real” solution is available from Nvidia/Android 11

1 Like

Can’t even read that.

ZoOm!

Basically, X-Plore is saying they have a work around.

1 Like

I did zoom. The box that your arrow is pointing to is blurry AF lol. Image quality is probably reduced when you post.

Is this better. Btw, that is their pointer. This is a pop-up message when I went to my Tivimate folder I created to try to access my stored files. Apparently they are saying to choose a folder for them to get permission to access.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I see what they did. Kudos to them for acting on it so quickly. It’s a decent workaround for now. I never updated my shield so I’m not actively trying to work out any issues.

3 Likes

That is strange, my update went through with NO issues (yet) at all…I’ll watch and keep ya posted

Shield Experience Image #2 [9.0.0Hotfix] is now available for download and install.

3 Likes

Second HotFix (33.1.0.264 deployed 1/20/2022) :

• [2019 SHIELDs] Includes Plex Media Server app which resolves issues with external storage
  • Resolves Issues with interlaced content playback
  • Fixes CEC volume control sometimes increments and decrements by 2
  • Remove creation of default Android phone type folders (Ringtones, Downlods, Photos, Movies, etc) added to USB portable storage
  • Update Match Refresh Rate String with Beta in all locations
  • Remove preview thumbnail when taking a screen shot with the menu button
  • Resolves Long press of Brand button on Xbox one controller does not invoke Stadia more than once
  • Resolves IR volume control is disabled when USB DACs are in use
3 Likes

Being patient in this matter does help.

*cough @Powerfader

Lol, thank you for posting the next hot fix, has this helped with issues for anyone?

2 Likes

Just did the download and install. I haven’t checked anything yet. I figure since I already did the the 1st image. Then I am all-in and committed, whether or not it does any good, or harm.

2 Likes

I noticed on the 2019 pro you have to force install to external drive by enabling it in the Developers option,but i could be wrong I never did the update on my both shield… I had mine disabled to for updates I started to update then I hit the cancel button …So even if they fix this problem I’m going to wait awhile till the dust settles in :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a new Hotfix Image #3 now available for download and install

3 Likes

Woohoo…Mouse Toggle is BACK!

For anyone interested, the latest Nvidia Hotfix Image #3 seems to have fixed the Mouse Toggle for Android.

If you have uninstalled it, or want this app. It is available in Google Play, but I also found a site you can download for free.
Mouse Toggle for Android TV 1.52 apk Free Download | APKToy.com

I have downloaded, installed, and tested. Everything works as it should.

Btw, I used Downloader to access the above site and downloaded it from there. Although, the app did not appear when I clicked open on the Downloader pop-up message. So, I looked in my X-plore app under Download and found the download in there in sub file Downloader. Then I just Long Press on it and selected Open With and chose the Package Installer and everything installed as it should.

Make sure you ALLOW in Special Apps Access to Display Over Other Apps and check if the app is present in Unknown Apps and enable if it is (mine didn’t show there). Also, remember to go to Device Preferences>>Accessibility>>Moyse Toggle (enable)

1 Like

I have a question for you if after Nvidia fix’s all known problems with the last update if you were to download the update is that fixed or do they have to put out a new update

That was a little hard to read, but I think you’re asking if you can download the update after Nvidia fixes all the issues?

The answer is yes, and it will come in the form of another official update. You’ll have to wait until Nvidia announces a new update and the log will show all the changes. I still wouldn’t update until enough other people have tried it out and report whether or not it fixes all the bugs from the last update.

4 Likes

usually they would patch the entire update process but never know now days as more and more idiots are moved into front offices for decision making :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks I kind of figured that would have to wait for a new update. And yes I never updated anything without waiting for awhile thanks for all the input

When the fixes become stable then they will push out new stable update. At that time, even if you have all the hot fixes, the new stable update will finalize those fixes in the new update version.

2 Likes

Great thanks for the info

3 Likes