New MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe Review & Setup Video

Santa arrived early. Cant wait to try this baby out with my new 8K Samsung.

1 Like

mecool sent me an apk to solve the remote problem for the MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe. it works perfect.
They said they will do firmware update in future. am I allowed to post the link here?

Thanks,
Adam

mecool sent me an apk to solve the remote problem for the MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe. it works perfect.
They said they will do firmware update in future. am I allowed to post the link here?

Thanks,
Adam

yes post the link please.

troy-legend

Just follow the steps in the installation operation text file.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Troy,

I am very interested in this box as I have a similar Internet connection to yours. I am using a Chromecast which gets around 50gb download with Surfshark on. I am mainly streaming 4k content but with the mention of 8k on analiti (which I’m sure is a ways off) I was wondering if with the 160gb+ speed of this box gets a green check mark on the tests? Hoping to future proof for a bit. :grinning: Or is the issue with buffering always going to be a problem due to the speed on the other end with whoever is hosting the content?

Thanks,
Jim

The MECOOL KM2 Plus Deluxe is the best box so I’ve had so far.
MECOOL also sent me an apk link to solve the “adding a device remote problem” and it works perfectly now.

1 Like

I put a video on YouTube for the remote APK and you can install through TROYPOINT Toolbox.

1 Like

Is there a video review on this to prove it specs don’t always match actual performance sometimes especially from these third party companies. This mecool device seems to be it and a good bit cheaper than shield.

Seems to be real deal will be great Nvidia alternative

yes, there are several reviews for this guy, here is a good one!

IMO, this blows away any of the Mecool units; I have had 2 of them, and not been impressed with either one…

Comes with a premium price. $239 in Canada. oops I made a mistake. It’s just $236
https://www.amazon.ca/RT-RockTek-Streaming-Bluetooth-Assistant/dp/B0BMLJ84LQ/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23RHEPGCS0Z6Y&keywords=rocktek+g2+tv+box&qid=1703367670&sprefix=%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-3

119.00 in the usa…
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMLJ84LQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

@TROYPOINT … FYI I grabbed that apk from your toolbox and thought you might like that it works with ugoos also. If your box doesnt have ir capabilities then this could offer a fix.

If you find these reviews and videos helpful, please consider becoming a Patron. That is how we are able to show Troy we appreciate his efforts. Happy Holidays

1 Like

Yeah you don’t get any advertisements when you’re a patron ? :thinking:

Well on the insider. Still get em on troypoint.com

good evening all. just purchased my MECOOL KM2 PLUS today! I use coupon extensions on chrome and the coupert extension just saved me $27.99 with the code “20OFF”. brought my total down to $112.00.

as long as this devices functions like my onn 4k tv boxes, the wife and kid should be able to use them easily. the remotes are very similar and the layout on the homescreen looks the same.

will mostly be used to stream OTA channels via TABLO, cable channels from TIVIMATE, and using steam link to mirror my pc games to my main tv.

I’m in Canada and I just picked 1 up from the mekool site for $160. I got 15% off. I put it in my cart but didn’t pull the trigger and the next day i had a email from them offering 15% off so i bought 1

1 Like

Hey that’s cool you got to love it when you get a special especially at Christmas time so Merry Christmas to you happy boxing day and a Happy New Year.

1 Like