New MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe Review & Setup Video

Happy Birthday @Miki !!!

And therein lies the real concern.

Btw, what do you use as a quality HDMI cable?

Tx @AMD237

Are You Watching 4K Content? Here’s How to Tell (howtogeek.com)

I choose any 4K or 1080P in Stremio and I get a popup down the bottom saying 3840 X 2160 on my Shield pro and what an awesome pic.

1 Like

Will this work in a hotel with password protection?

1 Like

Happy B-Day @Miki :partying_face:
miki-legend

3 Likes

I tried to watch the video, but it would not play. Any help please.

1 Like

Troy in your video showing very fast wifi downloads, how far (feet) was the me cool box from your router? It appeared really fast.

Hi Powerfader,

I use a fiber hdmi.

About bugs.
Please report to Mecool. I already did.
To this email > service@mecool.com

Thanks for your input. You helped me gain a new piece of knowledge. I never knew, until now, that fiber HDMI cables even existed. Wow. Expensive, but cool. Now to read up on if special ports are needed to use these to their full speed potential. Thanks.
Well after reading up on fiber HDMI they certainly aren’t ready for “home” use. To many limitations, most notably the lack of eARC or Arc, not to mention they’re unidirectional and need exactvl input and output ports. I’m sure these limitations will eventually be overcome but there isn’t any noticeable difference in 4K playback over standard, and cheaper high speed HDMI cables. Great for commercial use though. Maybe when more 8K is available we’ll see them.

Hi Troy: My question was to you from your video.
In your video showing very fast wifi downloads, how far (feet) was the me cool box from your router? It appeared really fast.

Many thanks for all you do to help the masses!

Hello @SMF my router is about 20 feet from the MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe.

Hey Troy, I tried to update my MeCool km2 plus using the video on how to fix the remote control. I downloaded it from your site and inside the app. After downloading and installing the app. my km2 plus still would not work on TV, Soundbar or video receiver. My question to you is this app only for the km2 plus deluxe? I am still getting the same error as before i installed the app. Do you have any suggestion on why it is not working on the km2 plus… Thank you

Hello, yes that remote control app is only for the new MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe. You should reach out to MECOOL support to see if they can help you with the older version.

Mecool has been a terrible company for support. After Troypoint recommended the KM7, I purchased one almost a year ago. There have been no updates at all to the box. The security patch is over 14 months old at this point. Numerous emails to Mecool asking about the situation have gone unanswered.

This lack of support spells a big ‘no’ from me for Mecool products. It appears they just want to sell the hardware.

Hopefully this will warn others about the lack of support for the box if you buy it.

1 Like

I also agree, I have looked for a update for KM 2 Plus and nothing, contacted support and they sent link to install via USB KM2 Plus C2.4.5_20230703, has anyone tried this update and why no OTA?

I believe Troy states that mecool rarely offeres up updates and I can comfirm. Generally mecool takes a if it aint broke dont fix it approach. Very common with stock boxes.

Many thanks for the prompt response!!

1 Like