New Fire TV Jailbreak?

Thanks for getting back with me. I looked everywhere in settings, device, and even accounts and there is nothing there for developer or debugging. I bought the fire TV so I didn’t have to have extra remotes and everything would be right there on the TV. I’m sure there’s a way to do it and the Troypoint will be able to get this done for me. Let me know what y’all think. Thank you

Go into setting, My Fire TV, About, and click on the device 5 or 6 times. You’ll see a message saying “developer options available” and it will be there where it should be.

Why? Don’t ask!!!

2 Likes

Just remember, a 4K Max remote can operate multiple devices like a TV and Soundbar as well as the Stick, eliminating the need to have any more than a single remote. As gor your TV I’m sorry but the instructions I found were supposed to be for your TV. If I was you I’d click around untill you found the settings or the “build”. Has to be there under something like “About”. Either way clicking around every category and sub category is about the only way without an actual manual.

I just purchased a new 65 inch 4k fire TV uploaded downloader the went to downloader to download the troypoint rapid app installer the problem is this new TV doesn’t have the load apps from outside sources on the device & software tab only about, legal& compliance, sleep, restart , and reset to factory defaults how can I download apps from outside sources

this is a little dated…

How to enable Apps from Unknown Sources on an Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick | AFTVnews

People, please use the search. There is 3 topics on this with the same answer.

No, it is not that easy. There is no “Developer Options” on Fire TV
I just bought a new Fire TV also and just found out that there is no Developer Options on it
There is also no “My Fire TV” in the Settings menu
So, how did you jail break yours?

I think am ready to return this Fire TV tv
I was having better luck with my Samsung Smart TV

2 Likes

Your method is not the right solution.
I received my new Fire TV. Hooked it up and tried to Jail Break it.
In the Troy Point Tutorial it shows that after going to the Setting Menu, it shows the “My Fire TV” icon but on the new TV there is no "My Fire TV’ nro there is “Developer Options” available.
So how can you jail break if you don’t have that?

do you see an “about” section?

This tutorial is to jail break Fire TV Stick and not for Fire TV.
There is no help here!

In the Settings Menu? No, there is no “About”
Here’s what the menu shows : Inputs, Notifications, Account & Profile Settings, Network, Display & Sounds, Applications, Equipment Control, Live TV, Controllers & Bluetooth, Alexa, Preferences, Sleep Timer, Device & Software, Accessibilty and Help

1 Like

Ok, im just going off a new fire tablet and I find developer in about and serial number. I found the developer mode by pressing on serial number about 8 times and a pop up said you are now in developer mode. I suggest poking around in all settings. I never would have found this without just trying. They tend to hide developer options.

3 Likes

The only problem with this is that there is not a “My Fire TV” in Settings now. Not on the TV’s sold, at least the one I have, on Prime Day. I will look around everywhere for an “About”.

Should be in the device and software section. Clicking on that and then looking for “build” or such and clicking it 7 times, or like Ron did, the serial number, may work.

2 Likes

Don’t get stuck thinking you have to find the “My Fire TV” button. What you need is developer mode and you will find nothing telling you to click here for developer mode. Its hidden under a rock somewhere.

2 Likes

So many different brands and they all do things differently. Three general themes seems to be clicking 7 times on either “device name”, “build” or “Serial number”. So kick the rocks over and see what crawls out.

1 Like

sktnn77a, this did work. I clicked it only once the first few times. I went back into devices, then about, then clicked on it several times then a message came up underneath and the "developer options came up. Then went into that and turned on the debugging. It is working just fine now. Thanks for your help. Hope the other new Fire TV owners will see this.

3 Likes

Found it, see my post at 39

1 Like

Thanks Miki, I did find it, see post 39. Appreciate your assistance. Have a great day

1 Like