New Fire OS Update Breaks Custom Launcher Use

New Update Breaks Custom Launcher Use

There is a new update rolling out, Fire OS 7.2.7.3 (7273/2622). One affected user is saying it breaks Launcher Manager and it’s ability to set a custom launcher. [APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root) | Page 34 | XDA Forums

Fire OS 7.2.7.3 (7273/2622) is rolling out to a number of devices including 2nd gen Cube, 4k Max, 3rd gen FireTV Sticks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201497590

At this point, assume custom launchers will be broken on all devices shortly.

Time is running out on blocking updates. List of ways:

DNS methods:

2 Likes

Geez…Can’t have nuttin’…

2 Likes

Following this one to see what ramifications there might be.

1 Like

well well well…looky another update messin’ wid stuff… you know there is a reason for this collective obstruction…jus’ sayin’

3 Likes

Amazon locked frimware and os creates these issues. Its hard to custom anything when the os and frimware is practically locked.

The cube and stick are neat devices but if you are doing more then just a few apps move on.

3 Likes

I just did an update on my Max. First off I turned Wolf launcher off and returned to stock to do any updating. It didn’t update the OS from 7.2.5.5 to 7.2.7.5. It did add a new option for auto app login. It was set to on by default. It was under the developer options section. I turned it off. After turning it off and going back to Wolf I could not find the option, so I went back to stock and the option was now gone. No idea how or why. For now I’m back on Wolf without any issue. When the FireTV OS does update I’ll report my findings.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

Another observation. This nothing update took me from 2.36GB of free space to 1.97GB

1 Like

They will seduce you into their web by offering you some shinny new gimmick to entice you. Then once you take the bait and do the update, You are stuck!

Controlling minds don’t need to know!

1 Like

I read somewhere to get rid of the update fiasco, Amazon prefers you update to the new Firestick Big Max 4k® :eyes: because it doesnt have these issues. :rofl:

3 Likes

oooo. I am using the :fire: stick Max. It didn’t update the OS just added some more bloat. Still on 7.2.5.5 but we’ll see when I’m forced to 7.2.7.5 :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Guys, I am working on a video to show the best way to block updates right now. Will be on here in about 10 minutes.

5 Likes

Here is a tutorial that shows how to block automatic Amazon updates.

2 Likes