Local Now App is worth a look

I found this app “Local Now” to be pretty good! You can install this on a variety of devices; Sticks, Roku, Apple, and Android, and you can stream it on your laptop, tablet, or phone.

I entered my zip code and the app searched for the closest feed. In my case, it found feeds from exactly where I live in SWFL.

The “Channels” section has a lot of variety, from local news from around the country, music, and with a variety of shows to watch. The audio/visual is very good. The streams were very snappy for me. The “Movies” section has about 50 different categories to select from. The “Shows” section has about 10 categories. Although, with no search option, you must scroll through the categories

The only things that’s a head scratcher is they didn’t include a Search Box for the Android app, but they have one for laptop streaming. IDK if other apps include the search option. Seems like it should be a no brainer to include a search button! So, instead, you have to scroll through the programs to find what you want. Also, the EPG is limited to what is playing now, and what is next.

Bottom line, I believe this app is worthy of a spot on my device.

Welcome to Local Now – Local Now

2 Likes

Does local now have the local major networks?

Not that I have seen if you mean local ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox. Just those in local news around the country. There is Newsmax, OAN, The First, Yahoo News and stuff like that.

I find the Local Now + USTV 247 = a fairly all around complete FREE streaming experience.

You get your locals and a lot of TV Shows and Movies from Local Now and you get national news, national programming, sports, premium channels, and more from USTV 247.

So for someone on a tight budget these 2 apps could work on your streaming device, computer, tablet, and phone, all for FREE!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I try to install Local Now on my Shield. When I search in Google Play it says “isn’t available on Google Play on this device”. Anywhere else I can install it?

1 Like

LocalNow (latest version)

https://aftv.news/375606

Downloader code: 375606

1 Like

Thanks a lot, guys :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Well, I tried this code, but it didn’t work. U sure it’s the right code?

It looks like it is taking me to the right place, but then a message says “An unknown error has occured. Check your URL and connection”.

Well let me check it here on my side. Gimmie one second. Are you in the USA? Do you have a VPN running?

You’re correct. It does go to the right place, but at the last second it derails the link. Hmm, odd. I can make you a code from a different place and see if that works. Give me 2 minutes.

Strange. I tried to install it on my phone with the same link, and it worked perfectly :astonished:

1 Like

Okay, try this one on your Shield.
Downloader code: 955078
Or url: https://aftv.news/955078

It just says "connecting… But nothing happens. I live in Europe and use Nord VPN.

Can you try turning off your VPN to download?
Also, see if your browser will let you access this site: https://www.apkfollow.com/app/local-now-news-movies-tv/com.weathergroup.localnow/

Will try and let you know.

1 Like

Yes, it is installed, but it’s just showing like a phone size in the middle. How can I make it fill the screen?

Thats sounds like the mobile version. When I search the Google Playstore on my Shield, Local Now comes right up for download. As soon as I type the word local, it shows as the first selection. Have you tried searching it with your VPN off? I’m not familiar with if this app is possibly not allowed in Europe (?), or what the case may be, but it shows right up in the Shield Playstore here.