Kodi vs. Stremio/Kodi+Stremio for movies/TV

KODI + RD + TraktTV has been my Go to for several years. It was rough in the early days for sure and much harder to maintain and find working Addons. The problem is too many Dev’s come and go that’s just the way it is. They like us are unpaid Hobbyists - Well some of you get paid. Anyway there does exist some solid Dev Teams out there that have been Maintaining Builds from KODI 16 forward. Finding a Good Team is the Key as they will maintain the Builds, remove the broken addons and replace with new ones. Been using Grindhouse Builds for at least 3 years and have been very happy

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that. Almost as old as Kodi (or XBMC, as it was back in the day).

I use Kodi as my home NAS video and music file player (never could get along with PLEX). Would never be without it - the addons (admittedly a little Johnny-Come-Lately) are a bonus.

1 Like

Started out many years ago with Kodi but was very squirriley so I was frustrated most of the time. Then came along APKs which were a life saver. Even APKs became an issue because they work sometimes and not the nect. Then they started to disappear. So, I use Syncler, Stremio mostly and only use a very slimmed down Kodi that at this time has The Crew. It does work very well. You really have to have a couple as a backup and keep them updated

1 Like

Hey I always say, whatever works for you go for it.

3 Likes

i conquer…Kodi + real-debrid is far superior to any of those apps…i never have any issues finding ANY content on Kodi. i also have FilmPlus…but kodi is my #1 go to.

1 Like

I agree with you on Kodi. I put it on my fire stick once, I followed Troy’s video got it running. It ran slow and needs a lot of tech support. I wish I could get Kodi already configured. If there is one on the RAI let me know, I’ll try it again.

1 Like

I feel like this topic has just turned into a fight about what everyone els likes.

Just use what you like abd remeber which ones work with Real-Debrid

5 Likes

My Tv Box can beat your Tv Box up :rofl: :grimacing: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

LOL it always happens. Everyone thinks their setup is the Best! And you know what, if it works for you then it is!

2 Likes

Alright, I guess I need to get around to version 2.0 of the skeleton build for Kodi. The current version is not slow, always finds links, and isn’t cluttered. As long as the crew still works, this will work. People want free sports and TV added though. Anything free comes with drawbacks.

3 Likes

Yea everyone wants sports, guess new movies are overrated :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Stremio all the way. In my opinion, whenever I (me personally) use KODI, it’s just a constant let down and time consuming.

1 Like

KODI All the Way. In My opinion whenever I (me personally) use Stremio , it;s just a constant let down and time consuming

2 Likes

Glad we all have options to use what we like. Both Kodi and Stremio provide a different experience but both are top knotch apps. Doesn’t matter what we each use, as long as it gets us what we want. You like Chevy I like Ford. Both get the job done, and will get you where you want to go.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!

5 Likes

Isn’t it wonderful that we can all share our opinions? For example, you like KODI, Ford’s or Chevy s, I prefer Stremio and Mercedes and Audi. But, that’s just our opinions. Anyway, I’m so excited to see who else chimes in to share there opinions. Have a wonderful and blessed day, no matter where you are, what you prefer, what you drive, or what MLB team you like. Stream on beautiful peeps! :kiss::+1::beer:

3 Likes

lets-go-the-rock
th

1 Like

I use stremio and syncler on a regular basis every day paired with Rd and free version of Orion and works flawless mostly. Just my opinion :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

X gets the square on that. Nice choices… and opinion much appreciated. :negative_squared_cross_mark:

2 Likes