Kodi vs. Stremio/Kodi+Stremio for movies/TV

I’m only interested in watching the widest possible variety of old and new movies & TV. At present I use Kodi w/RD & 4-5 addons. Is there anything that Stremio does better or can do that Kodi can’t? If so, is it worth installing both or just unnecessary duplication?

3 Likes

@Mac6

I dont even use kodi anymore, mainly for testing. My suggestion would be have 2 main apps with rd if you have storage and a backup incase you cant find anything.

Stremio is my backup. They are both good, id keep your kodi and stremio working together

4 Likes

I started with Kodi. Then I moved to Terrarium/Cinema. Now I use Stremio most of the time. The different programs may pull in different streams (so you may occasionally find an unusual video on one and not another). If you want a single app, then Stremio is probably the best (definitely faster than Kodi) but Kodi is my go-to backup.

4 Likes

I agree with everyone. I have kodi just as a testing app( pass time ) when im bored :sweat_smile:…seriously kodi is a great app but to ask me I would say its always been in beta. Kodi is great one day an terrible the next. My favorite usage with kodi is very minimal install with the crew and used to be oath, other than that I run it through my emby server, like I said this is just a bout a full time hobby :crazy_face:

My “serious” apps are stremio, syncler and tivimate. With tivimate and the right set up you could possibly go it alone and find all you want. I also prefer older movies and series because most new stuff today is trash (IMHO).

4 Likes

I had kodi up until 2 weeks ago and then so many service interuptions and issues with repos I just gave up and deleted it. Stremio is safer than Kodi, fewer clicks to accomplish what you want, no typing to be done unless searching and even then Voice search works. Even has an addon to allowing searching back 150 yrs. I know I know, no tv that long ago. It’s just the developers sense of humour, but it works. Often the only problem is finding an active stream for any real old stuff. But there are specific apps that do old stuff better as that’s all they do. Stremio configures on one device and then any other device you install it on and log in all your config and settings are automatically applied. Real Debrid and Orion integration. So I think you all get whete I’m going with this. Had Stremio for about 6 yrs and not changing that.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Stremio for Movies and TV Series is now my go to App. Only started streaming 4/5 months ago and have spent that time trying everything available. I settled on Stremio and I’m more than happy. I do have Kodi, but thats because I use Mad Titan Sports and Rising Tides. If they were available out with being a Kodi addon, I’d use them independently of Kodi.

4 Likes

What is the best way to find and download the Stremio app to a firestick?

Stremio - All You Can Watch

How To Install Stremio & Setup Anonymously on Firestick/Android (2022)

1 Like

Not to disagree with everyone, but I found Stremio pretty useless. Really for me, there is no comparison to Kodi. If you just want run of the mill tv you can use FilmPlus. Kodi has tons of addons vs stremio. Maybe the interface isn’t as easy to use, but the content in KODI is far superior in my opinion. I can choose from over a dozen addons that all function great with real-debrid. I tried Stremio, but ended up deleting it.

2 Likes

@bor76

And not to be disrespectful here, you are allowed to have favs and preferences, but stremio pulls in alot of content. You probably didnt setup the community addons properly.

Kodi is great, but its best with real debrid otherwise its kinda pointless free.

In my honest opinion, syncler weyd stremio all out perform kodi in my opinion.

The single best addon for kodi is seren and the crew with realdebrid.

3 Likes

I have done exactly the same with kodi. I find it useless as well. Not stable repo dropping or stopping etc etc. Stremio far more stable, RD and Orion added. Absolutely stable ,smooth and easy. So a good thing these apps exist for both of us to be happy. Life is good.
Have Fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Stremio has been around for 6 years?

Actually if memory serves me correctly, Stremio first appeared around 2013. I was late to the party.

KODI + RD + TraktTV has been my Go to for several years. It was rough in the early days for sure and much harder to maintain and find working Addons. The problem is too many Dev’s come and go that’s just the way it is. They like us are unpaid Hobbyists - Well some of you get paid. Anyway there does exist some solid Dev Teams out there that have been Maintaining Builds from KODI 16 forward. Finding a Good Team is the Key as they will maintain the Builds, remove the broken addons and replace with new ones. Been using Grindhouse Builds for at least 3 years and have been very happy

3 Likes

Wow, didn’t know that. Almost as old as Kodi (or XBMC, as it was back in the day).

I use Kodi as my home NAS video and music file player (never could get along with PLEX). Would never be without it - the addons (admittedly a little Johnny-Come-Lately) are a bonus.

1 Like

Started out many years ago with Kodi but was very squirriley so I was frustrated most of the time. Then came along APKs which were a life saver. Even APKs became an issue because they work sometimes and not the nect. Then they started to disappear. So, I use Syncler, Stremio mostly and only use a very slimmed down Kodi that at this time has The Crew. It does work very well. You really have to have a couple as a backup and keep them updated

1 Like

Hey I always say, whatever works for you go for it.

3 Likes

i conquer…Kodi + real-debrid is far superior to any of those apps…i never have any issues finding ANY content on Kodi. i also have FilmPlus…but kodi is my #1 go to.

1 Like

I agree with you on Kodi. I put it on my fire stick once, I followed Troy’s video got it running. It ran slow and needs a lot of tech support. I wish I could get Kodi already configured. If there is one on the RAI let me know, I’ll try it again.

1 Like

I feel like this topic has just turned into a fight about what everyone els likes.

Just use what you like abd remeber which ones work with Real-Debrid

5 Likes